Steam game download takes up more than half my 120GB ssd.

Xtreme Gamer

I am trying to install GTA V on my SSD thats 120GB but windows sees it as 111GB (not the point). Problem is that the allocation of disk space take up hald the 111GB of space and doesnt even leave me wih enough space to install the game. Can someone please help me out here???? Thanks!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

GTA V is like 60GB

I know, but it is taking up wa more space than that on my SSD. Why?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

I am trying to install GTA V on my SSD thats 120GB but windows sees it as 111GB (not the point). Problem is that the allocation of disk space take up hald the 111GB of space and doesnt even leave me wih enough space to install the game. Can someone please help me out here???? Thanks!!!!

why we don't recommend 120gb ssd's anymore

unless you are really tight on budget

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Well, considering the full install of GTA V is around 60GB, it's no surprise that it's taking up around half of your 120GB SSD...

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

why we don't recommend 120gb ssd's anymore

unless you are really tight on budget

they make great boot disks, if its just OS and essential programs like chrome

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I know...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

That they do, but you'd be suprised how many people out there have no idea how to properly manage their storage.  After all we are talking about someone who couldn't figure out why why a 60gb game was taking up half a 120gb drive.........

That they do, but you'd be suprised how many people out there have no idea how to properly manage their storage.  After all we are talking about someone who couldn't figure out why why a 60gb game was taking up half a 120gb drive.........

i think his issue was that allocation for the steam library was taking up more than it should have

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

i think his issue was that allocation for the steam library was taking up more than it should have

If it was talking up half his drive as he said, then that would be perfectly normal per size of the game.  Not trying to argue, just pointing out that nothing is wrong.

If it was talking up half his drive as he said, then that would be perfectly normal per size of the game.

idk what his issue was

Solitaire. 

GTAV is a big game at 65gb. Not surprised that it will take up half a 120gb ssd.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5