Having my first issues with my GPU

Ddave

Now this might be a weird one but I think my GPU is causing some issues with minecraft.

Before, I used to play using Intel HD Graphics, everything maxed out, vsync off, and have a solid 90-100 FPS, with the lowest around 65.

Now, I tried playing and I can't even maintain a solid 60. It plays around 45-60, and even drops to 20-25 sometimes. I also noticed a lot of microstuttering. When I went to the nether, my FPS dropped to 5. Then it played between 40-55.

I am using a 1366x768 monitor. I also have the latest Crimson driver.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: The only demanding game installed is Far Cry 3, and it plays smoothly with no issues.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Sounds like a PSU issue tbh try to clean install the drivers.

Try turning off "advanced opengl" and look in AMD control panel and see if you have put AA on x8 on accident

Would also be useful to know your exact gfx card

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Try turning off "advanced opengl" and look in AMD control panel and see if you have put AA on x8 on accident

Would also be useful to know your exact gfx card

Sapphire Nitro R9 390.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Where exactly can I change these ?

I can't find them in the Radeon Settings.

I am who I am.

Sounds like a PSU issue tbh try to clean install the drivers.

I just reinstalled my drivers before playing.

If it's PSU, why is the Far Cry 3 running well ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its more GPU demanding that minecraft.

I am who I am.

Where exactly can I change these ?

I can't find them in the Radeon Settings.

Advanced opengl should be in minecraft settings, while anti aliasing (AA) for all apps should be somewhere on the radeon control panel, pretty googable

Set AA to 0

Advanced opengl should be in minecraft settings, while anti aliasing (AA) for all apps should be somewhere on the radeon control panel, pretty googable

Set AA to 0

AA is set to Use Application Settings.

OpeGL is off.

I am who I am.

So I just set the Tesselation mode in the Radeon Settings to Use Application Settings and disabled V-sync in minecraft. Now I am running at over 120 FPS stable, even reaching more than 200 for a second.

I will explore a few more areas for now to see if my FPS will drop again.

I am who I am.

So I just set the Tesselation mode in the Radeon Settings to Use Application Settings and disabled V-sync in minecraft. Now I am running at over 120 FPS stable, even reaching more than 200 for a second.

I will explore a few more areas for now to see if my FPS will drop again.

yeah, that was the kind of things i thought was causing the problem, its often AA being set to 8X because if you choose the "quality" preset in the AMD/Nvidia control panel every application gets set to x8 AA

I just reinstalled my drivers before playing.

If it's PSU, why is the Far Cry 3 running well ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its more GPU demanding that minecraft.

Yeah it is , clean installation of drivers is different than just reinstalling there might be some left overs from the previous driver, but sounds like you solved the problem right?

Yeah it is , clean installation of drivers is different than just reinstalling there might be some left overs from the previous driver, but sounds like you solved the problem right?

I used DDU before installing the drivers. I only had a few minutes to test yesterday, but I think it's working fine now.

I am who I am.

I used DDU before installing the drivers. I only had a few minutes to test yesterday, but I think it's working fine now.

Thats great then!