Hello Linus Tech Tips community I need help with my new computer.

GamerDude101

Hello Linus Tech Tips community. This is my first time visiting this website and need some help. About 5 days ago I bought this computer, it's made from this company called Alienware. I think the model is called Area 51 or something, the case looks really cool. I literally got it in the mail and long story short, where do I get games, what software should I install, and what kind of games can I play with this new computer? I'm not sure about the specifications of the computer, really all I know is that I paid about $4,500 in U.S. currency for this desktop. I would imagine that it would be able to play the new Fallout 4 and this game called Rainbow 6 Siege. Otherwise I literally plugged it in, installed my software that I need for work and installed this game called Minecraft where you can build things from blocks. Let me look at the specifications so you guys can tell me what I've gotten myself into. 

I think the processor is a i7 5930K with 6 cores that has a 15MB Cache and overclocked at 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost.

The operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Edition.
The random access memory is 16GB of DDR4 2133 MHz clock speed.
The drives I have is a 256GB SSD 6Gb/s for the operating system and a 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s for more storage I'm not sure what I should install onto this hard drive.

It came with a slot loading DVD dual layer burner optical drive.

The wireless device doesn't matter since I'm using Ethernet connection.
The power supply is a Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply.
The video cards are three of the nVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5 with this technology called SLI enabled, what ever the heck SLI means.

I think thats all of things you guys need to know, what kind of games can I play with this computer? Thank you for your time for reading my cry for help and please don't hesitate to ask me questions if it helps. 

Thanks and thank you Linus Tech Tips for allowing me to make a account here on this forum. If I need help with anything can I ask on a thread or message someone?  

Hello Linus Tech Tips community. This is my first time visiting this website and need some help. About 5 days ago I bought this computer, it's made from this company called Alienware. I think the model is called Area 51 or something, the case looks really cool. I literally got it in the mail and long story short, where do I get games, what software should I install, and what kind of games can I play with this new computer? I'm not sure about the specifications of the computer, really all I know is that I paid about $4,500 in U.S. currency for this desktop. I would imagine that it would be able to play the new Fallout 4 and this game called Rainbow 6 Siege. Otherwise I literally plugged it in, installed my software that I need for work and installed this game called Minecraft where you can build things from blocks. Let me look at the specifications so you guys can tell me what I've gotten myself into. 

I think the processor is a i7 5930K with 6 cores that has a 15MB Cache and overclocked at 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost.

The operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Edition.

The random access memory is 16GB of DDR4 2133 MHz clock speed.

The drives I have is a 256GB SSD 6Gb/s for the operating system and a 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s for more storage I'm not sure what I should install onto this hard drive.

It came with a slot loading DVD dual layer burner optical drive.

The wireless device doesn't matter since I'm using Ethernet connection.

The power supply is a Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply.

The video cards are three of the nVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5 with this technology called SLI enabled, what ever the heck SLI means.

I think thats all of things you guys need to know, what kind of games can I play with this computer? Thank you for your time for reading my cry for help and please don't hesitate to ask me questions if it helps. 

Thanks and thank you Linus Tech Tips for allowing me to make a account here on this forum. If I need help with anything can I ask on a thread or message someone?

This is a beastly computer. You can play literally everything on ultra/4k.

I assume you paid $8000 for this computer and a gaming grade PC retails at $1000. You're asking what games you can play on it?

4K games at 60FPS maxed out. All games. All.

I actually paid about $4,500 for the computer. I don't have a 4K monitor, but I could get one in a couple of weeks. Currently I'm using my very old Samsung 23 inch HD display that I bought back in 2009 or something. No, I'm not a troll. Just someone who needs help with my new computer. 

I actually paid about $4,500 for the computer. I don't have a 4K monitor, but I could get one in a couple of weeks. Currently I'm using my very old Samsung 23 inch HD display that I bought back in 2009 or something. No, I'm not a troll. Just someone who needs help with my new computer. 

You must get a 4K monitor or a 1440p 144hz one. If you stick with FullHD or 60Hz 1440p then you just wasted a ton of money.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Don't worry about having problems with new games... This PC gonna shred them all [emoji1]

Cool, well I'm going to go to bed and get ready for casual work day today. I'm going to install some games after work today, the bar, and put put I have scheduled with my friends. Sounds like my PC is capable of playing anything. Good night sir. 

Sorry dude. You must get a 4K monitor or a 1440p 144hz one. If you stick with FullHD or 60Hz 1440p then you just wasted a ton of money.

Don't sweat it. I'm looking at the Acer XB280HK. This monitor features this technology called G-Sync, sounds cool. From what I was able to gather was it's a chip inside of the monitor that matches the frame rate of the graphics card. I don't know, I'm not sure what monitor I should buy. The monitor is 4K ready, which is supposed to be 4x the resolution of the my 1080p monitor. 

Your PC shouldn't be worried about games, games should be worried about your pc.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

The moment that makes all of us linus tech users to say over priced alienware product and most of all, You could have built this system instead <<<<truth  B)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Simply put, your PC is overkill and there is really no need for you to get something so expensive. You can get a gaming PC that is cheaper and more worth it and still rekt games with it. But since you got the Ailenware then there is no turning back. Your PC can run any game you throw at it on ultra settings. It is meant to run on 4k so I suggest you get a 4k monitor to get the most out if your PC. You can get games on a gaming platform that you download called Steam. Steam is basically an online game store and a community for games and gamers. Start off by downloading the Steam client, create an account and you're in. When you buy a game, it will appear in your game library and it will be downloaded into your PC. Almost all of the games out there are on Steam, including free to play games and indie games. Steam also has occasional sales, notably, the summer sale and the winter sale, where some games will go on a huge discount. Hope this has helped you and feel free to ask if you have any more questions  :)

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

I don't know if OP is trolling or is really this stupid.  You bought a overpriced rig and you have no knowledge of any of the specifications on the computer and you don't know how to purchase games.  You could have pieced together a computer that can run games at max settings for half the cost.  If I had the money some of these people had with the amount they spend on their rigs and pick out parts that are overkill for what they want to do is mind boggling.

Well apparently I don't need to go into the office today. Now I can do my work and mess around with my new computer. I downloaded that program called Steam and so far I like it. Currently installing this free game called Dota 2 and doing emails, augh I'm such a rebel. Now all I need to know now is what is a good keyboard and a good mouse? Maybe some speakers too? Also a good headset to listen to rock n roll with? Finally, one last thing, this Acer XB280HK monitor, good or bad and why?

Your PC shouldn't be worried about games, games should be worried about your pc.

Why should games be worried about my PC? It's working perfectly and can allow me to do a lot of things at the same time.

Well apparently I don't need to go into the office today. Now I can do my work and mess around with my new computer. I downloaded that program called Steam and so far I like it. Currently installing this free game called Dota 2 and doing emails, augh I'm such a rebel. Now all I need to know now is what is a good keyboard and a good mouse? Maybe some speakers too? Also a good headset to listen to rock n roll with? Finally, one last thing, this Acer XB280HK monitor, good or bad and why?

bullshit at its best