Graphics Card Help

I built my PC about 9 months ago. Worked perfectly fine until now the PCI-E power cable only powers the graphics card when it is partially plugged in. However I must fully connect it or else my PC will not let me boot up. If it is plugged in all the way, then it receives no power as it does not light up. Does anyone know how to fix this? I"m kind of new to this.

When you say "partially plugged in", what exactly do you mean? Is the connector not as deep into the socket as it could be? If so, on what end (power supply end or on the card itself)? Or, if you have an 8-pin connector on the card, are you only using 6? Or is it something else entirely?

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

When I say partially plugged in I mean the 6-pin only powers the graphics card when it is at a very specific angle and depth into the socket. 

When I say partially plugged in I mean the 6-pin only powers the graphics card when it is at a very specific angle and depth into the socket. 

It's either plugged in or it is not plugged in. It's not designed to go in a "specific angle". Are you using a 6+2 pin designed for the CPU on your graphics card? That is a very odd problem you're having.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

So basically it works like this (powers on)

post-290741-0-48292000-1449133967.jpg

And doesn't power on like this

post-290741-0-76436300-1449133984.jpg

Which kind of power supply do you have (modular, non-modular, semi)? Modular=You can connect/disconnect cables freely. Non=Cables come built into the PSU. Semi=Both modular and non-modular.

Which kind of power supply do you have (modular, non-modular, semi)? Modular=You can connect/disconnect cables freely. Non=Cables come built into the PSU. Semi=Both modular and non-modular.

I have a Corsair CX850M modular power supply.

You may have either have a bad 6-pin connector -OR- the metal casings on the male end (they look like thin coffee straws when you look inside) may have came loose inside the PCI-E 6-pin port. Check to make sure nothing became lodged in there.

Its either a problem with the cable, or the power plug on the GPU may have a loose solder joint.  If its a modular PSU try a new 8 pin cable and if that doesn't work.  If its not modular hopefully you have an extra 6 pin avaliable.