Gradual Audio Static

TL;DR:

Experiencing gradual increasing static and eventual failure of sound on Steam through integrated speakers and headphones through 3.5mm jack. Sound functions normally through Logitech G930 USB sound transmitter.

Machine Details:

-Model: MSI GT70 2PC

-GPU: GTX 870M

-GPU Driver: 359.00

-CPU: i7-4800MQ

Meat and Potatoes:

-Problem:

The problem only occurs while playing games through Steam such as Skyrim and Team Fortress 2 or more recently, Fallout 4. When the game is initialized, the sound through the laptop's integrated speakers or through the 3.5mm headphone jack at first plays just fine. Over a period of about 5 minutes of playing however, a gradually increasing static sound begins to overwhelm the game's sound. Playing even longer causes a complete loss of audio altogether. Increasing or decreasing the system's volume has no effect on the static sound whatsoever. 

Outside of Steam there is no problem, Youtube and drive media play just fine.

The problem was not apparent with the original Windows 8.1 OS, it only started happening after upgrading to Windows 10. The only way I have manged to get the audio to work since the OS upgrade is through a USB sound transmitter thanks to my Logitech G930 headsets, but those have their own list of problems, they have just made playing possible with audio.

-Attempted Solutions:

1. Installed latest 64 bit Realtek audio drivers
  2. Attempted to install latest 32 bit Realtek audio drivers (would not install)
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 (attempted on about half a dozen occasions)
  4. Installed OEM audio software from MSI's support page
  5. Installed latest Windows updates
  6. Disabled all audio enhancements
  7. Cleanly installed each of the past 5 NVIDIA drivers
  8. Tried opening the game files directly instead of through Steam

Open to any and all suggestions, I'd really like to be able to play with ear buds again since my G930's do not function properly (unrelated issues).

Thanks!

it is possible that the problem could be your headphones. Depending on what you are using. Some headphones have a built in amp that can distort sound. Also cheaper headphones can cause the feedback you are hearing

It's not only the headphones though, the integrated speakers do it as well. The headphones should be just fine as well, they are Klipsch X5's which didn't have this problem before the switch to Windows 10.

No ideas from anyone at all? Any idea is welcome.

My guess is that it is a hardware issue with the DAC inside your laptop. The usb controller would have its own DAC. There is not really a solution if this is the problem, beside new laptop or RMA 

it is possible that the problem could be your headphones. Depending on what you are using. Some headphones have a built in amp that can distort sound. Also cheaper headphones can cause the feedback you are hearing

he said the integrated speakers also have this issue, and I have found that certain games do this for me as well, although not to the extent you seem to be experiencing.

It may have something to do with drivers not being updated to properly run under Windows 10, or a bug with your drivers if they are already updated.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

My guess is that it is a hardware issue with the DAC inside your laptop. The usb controller would have its own DAC. There is not really a solution if this is the problem, beside new laptop or RMA 

he said the integrated speakers also have this issue, and I have found that certain games do this for me as well, although not to the extent you seem to be experiencing.

It may have something to do with drivers not being updated to properly run under Windows 10, or a bug with your drivers if they are already updated.

Do you guys think if I bought an external USB DAC that the problem would be fixed? I've been considering this option for a little while now, just haven't wanted to commit to buying something I might not need until I got some feedback from others first. Personally I think it has a strong chance of working considering the success of the G930's.