I want to use an SSD, but right now I'm running on a RAID 0.

Zach Is Kill

So I plan on booting off of a 120 gb ssd instead of the two 7200rpm HDDs in RAID 0 that I've been recently booting off of.

Do I wipe the drives individually? I'm not sure at all what to do

Thanks

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

So I plan on booting off of a 120 gb ssd instead of the two 7200rpm HDDs in RAID 0 that I've been recently booting off of.

Do I wipe the drives individually? I'm not sure at all what to do

Thanks

Do you need the data from the 7200 RPM drive? If so, clone or back up that data first. If not, then you need to go to your RAID controller and delete the RAID0 array. Then on BIOS, change the two drives from RAID to ACHI. You should then be able to use Disk Management to format the drives.

~snip~

Hello there Zach Is Kill :)

@scottyseng pretty much gave you the best advice there is. 
Are you going to use the drive later on? Do you want to use them separately or continue using them in RAID0? Do you want to keep you data on the drives or you want it deleted?
I wouldn't recommend cloning a HDD RAID0 on a SSD as this involves a great amount of risk of data corruption and compatibility issues down the road. I would recommend to simply do a fresh install of the OS and the applications on the SSD. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/