BENT CPU PINS ON NEW ASROCK MOBO.

QuantumXD

So I decided to buy some parts to build my first PC from Newegg, when I received my shipment for the parts, I proceeded to open my Asrock z97 motherboard when I did, stupid me decided to remove the cover for the socket, I then proceeded to put it back on but instead I accidentally hit the CPU pins and bent two of them, now I'm freaking out and not sure if I should call Newegg or Asrock for a RMA or purchase a extended warranty from newegg that says it covers accidental damage but I'm not sure if it covers bent CPU pins or if it's to late, also it costs 12 U.S. dollars. Please help me, thanks!

you can try re-bending the pins back into place but that may compromise overclocking.

Your best bet is to send it back to New Egg 

This kind of thing happens and it is up to you if you want to be honest about it. You can package it back up and rma it through newegg for another one and tell them it arrived with bent pins. Or you can get the accidental coverage and hope they will honor it and swap it out for you.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Hey look at that! People finally are learning about the issues I deal with when using ASRock.

There is a reason I ban their products from my business.

Hey look at that! People finally are learning about the issues I deal with when using ASRock.

There is a reason I ban their products from my business.

My budget ASRock board in my server is fine.

@QuantumXD send it back to the retailer. If you manage to bend it back yourself(or with help), I'd still try calling ASRock and letting them know of your findings. It may start to become a problem, and they might be able to stop it without having to initiate Corrective Action.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes that is your experience, but you and I are not the same person, and thus we haven't had the same expierence.

So is the ASRock board in my wifes PC.  But that doesn't mean their customer service is fine.........

So is the ASRock board in my wifes PC. But that doesn't mean their customer service is fine.........

And that is another aspect to consider - how good the customer service is which you are technically paying for when you buy the product. However, I'm judging the product itself and not necessarily including Customer Service in my judgement. Perhaps that should be considered in all products when doing my own critical analysis.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I say send it back and pretend you never done it.

If the replace it then I hope you think twice before removing the cover next time.

It's not a race to the bottom.