Dumb question but...

hug0mac

I didn't screw in the two last spots on the top of my motherboard. :D  When the case is standing up normally the motherboard leans slightly outwards. I got a tower cooler.

I wonder if this will somehow break my board, as it's not too much and I rarely move it around the house as well...  :huh:

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

In day to day use it probably doesnt matter, but its certainly a risk when moving the pc. Why cant you screw in the last 2 screws? Are they blocked by the cooler?

who cares...

I would fix that immediately, regardless of moving the rig or not it will in time be broken by that. The motherboard isn't meant to be under structural strain, especially if parts of it are supposed to warm up and cool down.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Please attach your motherboard correctly to your case before switching your computer on.

potential issue.... someone bangs your computer or even you moving around it whilst the power is on, motherboards moves/shakes and shorts out killing mobo, gpu and cpu.

Unlikely but possible, sort it dude  ;)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

So to take it all out and screw it in? Also I don't think it will make board to metal contact as the case have standoffs. But yeah I did think that it would not be good. I will take it apart and screwing it in correctly before i put in the graphics card

Thanks guys! :)

who said im a "dude"

I screwed it in correctly! It finally feels solid!

By the way it's my first build ever so...this forum and Linus' videos have helped me a lot. Either way...

Case closed!  :D