Firefox or Chrome

SmirGel

Hey guys not sure if this should be here or not.

But I've been thinking should I use Firefox or Chrome for browsing?

Like for example I like NoScript in Firefox but Chrome has it own alternative choices to do almost same (I read NoScript can't be fully added to Chrome for some reasons) So if anyone is smart enough or knows a lot why I should be using Firefox or Chrome?

I'm not really looking for replies like "it's faster" that doesn't really tell me a lot. Is there any real good reason I should prefer using Chrome over firefox or Firefox over Chrome?

I've been using both browsers quite some time and I really don't know which I should stick with. I like that Firefox has the feature to delete history etc when it closes and chrome doesn't but there is addons to do that as well.

Thanks

FireFox is better for web design. Chrome doesn't allow you to delete cookies within the browser itself. I personally use chrome but they're pretty much the same.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

FireFox is better for web design. Chrome doesn't allow you to delete cookies within the browser itself. I personally use chrome but they're pretty much the same.

Chrome does allow the deletion of cookies from the Web Developer toolbox's resource tab  (f12 > resources > cookies). And in my opinion Chrome is better in all aspects of web designing, the developer toolbox is amazing, and feels so much more authentic than for example firebug.

More OT:

Chrome allows clearing of browsing data via: Ctrl + H to open history, then click Clear browsing data. This is fast, but not automatic which I guess you were after.

Chrome is designed with the mindset of "un-used RAM is wasted RAM", that means it will consume as much RAM as it can get its hands on without being disruptive - This often leads to "reviewers" saying that Chrome uses much more RAM than other browsers, such as Firefox. However that is quite flawed, since Chrome is smart enough to realize it's using too much RAM and if so, reduce its footprint on the computer accordingly. This makes Chrome perform better, and use the resources at its hands much more efficiently. But what I love with it the most is its multi-device syncing, which just works.

Edited x2 to add info.

Cheers,

Linus

I use chrome because it uses up so little space on my screen (the bar at the top), and there's no stupid toolbars that install on it.

It also remembers my recently viewed pages over my account so I can look at them on my phone when I'm out.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i prefer firefox , but for the last few days its memory usage tripled over what it normally did for some reason , seams to have gone back to normal now tho

just like the add ins you can get, easy for me to do them

I just recently switched to firefox and i must say i'm not sure if i like it more or not.

I prefer Chromosome it's clean and quick. Nine Tailed Fox eats to much ram at using it. So Chromosome 

$$金Trill金$$

chrome because I'm stuck in Googles ecosystem.. If I didn't have an android phone, maybe it would be firefox.

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

I use chrome because it uses up so little space on my screen (the bar at the top), and there's no stupid toolbars that install on it.

It also remembers my recently viewed pages over my account so I can look at them on my phone when I'm out.

I don't think it takes so much space?

tumblr_ms390ePULv1sb3mtqo1_1280.jpg

I don't think it takes so much space?

Those bottom bars  :P

Na, just last time I saw it, it had thick bars and lots of tool bars like IE.. but I guess that was a while ago haha

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Those bottom bars  :P

Na, just last time I saw it, it had thick bars and lots of tool bars like IE.. but I guess that was a while ago haha

you can hide it if you don't like it ^^

I use Chrome on both my phone and my computer but I think Firefox is also worthy and I often use that if I need to be logged into two accounts at the same time. I would argue, Why not both?

I'm not helping am I...

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I use Chrome on both my phone and my computer but I think Firefox is also worthy and I often use that if I need to be logged into two accounts at the same time. I would argue, Why not both?

I'm not helping am I...

No, not really :D

But I think the reason why I'd go back to Firefox is the features that I'd like to see in Chrome for example clearing history etc when chrome closes you need to get addon for that I wonder when it wil be added. I also wonder why Chrome is missing when you click over a image mouse 2 "set as wallpaper" why it's not there?

But I suppose both of them are short of equal in just browsing around? I'm not any web developer or anything

No, not really :D

But I think the reason why I'd go back to Firefox is the features that I'd like to see in Chrome for example clearing history etc when chrome closes you need to get addon for that I wonder when it wil be added. I also wonder why Chrome is missing when you click over a image mouse 2 "set as wallpaper" why it's not there?

But I suppose both of them are short of equal in just browsing around? I'm not any web developer or anything

Yeah me neither. I just use chrome more as I made custom app shortcuts for my frequently visited sites.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Yeah me neither. I just use chrome more as I made custom app shortcuts for my frequently visited sites.

isn't that in Firefox too?

Exactly why I use it. Also, I find its tab bar a lot better.
PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

isn't that in Firefox too?

I'm not sure I haven't looked into it.

Chrome does allow the deletion of cookies from the Web Developer toolbox's resource tab  (f12 > resources > cookies). And in my opinion Chrome is better in all aspects of web designing, the developer toolbox is amazing, and feels so much more authentic than for example firebug.

More OT:

Chrome allows clearing of browsing data via: Ctrl + H to open history, then click Clear browsing data. This is fast, but not automatic which I guess you were after.

Chrome is designed with the mindset of "un-used RAM is wasted RAM", that means it will consume as much RAM as it can get its hands on without being disruptive - This often leads to "reviewers" saying that Chrome uses much more RAM than other browsers, such as Firefox. However that is quite flawed, since Chrome is smart enough to realize it's using too much RAM and if so, reduce its footprint on the computer accordingly. This makes Chrome perform better, and use the resources at its hands much more efficiently. But what I love with it the most is its multi-device syncing, which just works.

Edited x2 to add info.

I meant there's no simple "Delete cookies and other internet junk" ui button in the drop down menu so noobies can't figure out how to do it and google gets to direct more ads your way, just as a point for those who may care.

I know how to delete cookies.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

They are both good, and both are fast.

However, Firefox is more complete web browser, in exchange of not being the fastest.

- Firefox support color profile on pictures,

- Firefox support monitor color profile,

- Has more add-ons

- Full complete and power suit of development tools

- Firefox has complete respect for privacy,

- Firefox is more optimized in memory management, making it consume less memory

among a few other things.

However if you seek performance, and minimal system resources, and security, the real winner isn't Chrome... it's Opera.

I prefer chrome. I just like the look of it better. When I was younger I used to use firefox, but it always had a bunch of toolbars on it so I wanted something different. Now I don't have a good reason to use anything else!

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I prefered Chrome ever since Firefox kept freezing when I loaded videos, web pages, or anything with Flash. I couldn't seem to find a fix.