ASIC Quality is 59.8 .....

Man Oh Man. My MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G has an ASIC quality of 59.8. Do I dare overclock this beast? It only gets up to 70C at standered clocks. It also has a pretty bad coil whine too. But that is just the sound of the Formula One engine reving inside my PC.

Your's Truly

ASIC quality does not indicate how the card will overclock. Try overclocking it, my old MSI 970 got over 1500mhz on core and 8000mhz on memory without touching voltage and only increasing the power limit, you might get lucky too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

ASIC quality doesn't mean anything in terms of overclocking...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

ASIC quality doesn't mean anything in terms of overclocking...

I'm just worried because guys with my card over clock and get 60C while under full load. So I'm here sitting in my air conditioned house with a fan blowing right onto the GPU and its 70C under full load with standard clocks.

Your's Truly

ASIC quality does not indicate how the card will overclock. Try overclocking it, my old MSI 970 got over 1500mhz on core and 8000mhz on memory without touching voltage and only increasing the power limit, you might get lucky too.

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

Silly question (perhaps). MSI cards are limited to 109% power draw. Does this mean if you add +50mV to the card it can only use its original voltage +9% (so it may not even use all the +50mV you give it) ?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

Silly question (perhaps). MSI cards are limited to 109% power draw. Does this mean if you add +50mV to the card it can only use its original voltage +9% (so it may not even use all the +50mV you give it) ?

Power draw? You mean power limit? My 970 could get 110% on that, why 109% particularly? My current MSI R9 290X can go up to 150% power limit, it seems like it's up to the particular GPU model how much you can add.

To answer the question, I'd say it's the stock voltage + what you've added manually, and then up to another 9% of the stock value

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White