MSI or XFX R9 390?

ClubGaming_

Right now im sure on getting the R9 390 over the 970 but is there any difference between XFX and MSI? Obviously XFX would match my black blue and white theme a lot better than MSIs red, but is there a major difference in performance?

My Build Plan: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CvxsD3

MSI AMD cards are the best of the lot of

Second to Sapphire

i say grab it

XFX are still known to have bad cards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The cards themselves aren't any different. It's all down to customer service.

Or cooler performance? In this case, however, both cards run at about 70 - 75 degrees Celsius under load so its no big deal. Pick the one you like the look of the most. :)

"What're you supposed to be? A clown or something?"

"...Sometimes."

Right now im sure on getting the R9 390 over the 970 but is there any difference between XFX and MSI? Obviously XFX would match my black blue and white theme a lot better than MSIs red, but is there a major difference in performance?

My Build Plan: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CvxsD3

GPU is great. Go with XFX. Lets talk about your build. Motherboard, CPu Cooler, and Power supply. Go EVGA on the power supply. Go ASUS on the Motherboard and go Noctua or corsair on the CPU cooler. If you have more questions. Hit me up

Chase B 

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

MSI AMD cards are the best of the lot of

Second to Sapphire

i say grab it

XFX are still known to have bad cards

I just had a R9 270x from XFX, and my Dad runs a 270x... they're great cards. It must have been the only one...

"What're you supposed to be? A clown or something?"

"...Sometimes."

GPU is great. Go with XFX. Lets talk about your build. Motherboard, CPu Cooler, and Power supply. Go EVGA on the power supply. Go ASUS on the Motherboard and go Noctua or corsair on the CPU cooler. If you have more questions. Hit me up

Chase B 

The Seasonic is a fantastic unit, especially given that most of EVGA's units are either Seasonic or SuperFlower.

As for the motherboard, there's nothing wrong with an AsRock board, especially on a budget.

Finally, why Noctua or Corsair? A Corsair cooler would cost a fair bit more and is of little use on a locked CPU while Noctua's coolers look pretty bad and are overpriced. Cryorig offer really good price/performance. The only issue seems to be that you can't get the H7 anywhere, but when you can, it's $35 and performs better than similarly priced coolers like the ETS-T40 Fit and the Hyper 212 EVO.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The Seasonic is a fantastic unit, especially given that most of EVGA's units are either Seasonic or SuperFlower.

As for the motherboard, there's nothing wrong with an AsRock board, especially on a budget.

Finally, why Noctua or Corsair? A Corsair cooler would cost a fair bit more and is of little use on a locked CPU while Noctua's coolers look pretty bad and are overpriced. Cryorig offer really good price/performance. The only issue seems to be that you can't get the H7 anywhere, but when you can, it's $35 and performs better than similarly priced coolers like the ETS-T40 Fit and the Hyper 212 EVO.

What about Cooler Master Evo SEries coolers. Look nicer in my opinion 

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

What about Cooler Master Evo SEries coolers. Look nicer in my opinion 

I don't mean to bash, but seriously? A Hyper 212 EVO looks better to you than an H7?

This is an EVO

08.jpg

This is an H7

44456369cf.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yeah thats what i heard from pretty much everyone, and that what I based my build around. The H7 looks so good with the white fans, if only i hadnt waited so long for a good deal xD. Hopefully newegg starts selling some more soon :P

Yeah thats what i heard from pretty much everyone, and that what I based my build around. The H7 looks so good with the white fans, if only i hadnt waited so long for a good deal xD. Hopefully newegg starts selling some more soon :P

You could always go for the H5, though it costs $10 more but with the added benefit of better cooling.

I don't mean to bash, but seriously? A Hyper 212 EVO looks better to you than an H7?

This is an EVO

08.jpg

This is an H7

44456369cf.jpg

Yea OK. I just dont Like that brand.

Chase B