can i fit a titan waterblock to a gainwards 780 phantom?

Go to solution Solved by Crackhead1,

heres a great site for checking stuff like this

http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

I read that titan and 780 uses the same block but i also read that you can only fit the block on a reference pcb.

I searched for information on the 780 phantom but i cant find anything on the pcb.

Considering the price i would assume that it has a reference pcb because i think it would be more expensive otherwise?

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=916〈=en

I would say its probably not a reference, because normally, reference PCBs use reference coolers too.

But I MIGHT BE WRONG, so take other opinions too

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

nope (or is it?)

22682_gainward_gtx780_phantom_glh_naked.

That's reference :)

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Why would you want to do that?! The gainward 7series coolers are beast.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Why would you want to do that?! The gainward 7series coolers are beast.

Yes it is awesome quiet,cool and neutral looking.

But! mine has a slight ticking sound to it when the fans spins slowly not a big deal still annoying though also i´m not fully satisfied with how it looks from the side with the removable fans plastic thingies visible.

Also i am thinking about buying a second one when i get a better budget for it and my silverstone tj08B-E doesent support 2.5 slot cards in sli + water cooing is frigging sweet. ^_^

Yes it is awesome quiet,cool and neutral looking.

But! mine has a slight ticking sound to it when the fans spins slowly not a big deal still annoying though also i´m not fully satisfied with how it looks from the side with the removable fans plastic thingies visible.

Also i am thinking about buying a second one when i get a better budget for it and my silverstone tj08B-E doesent support 2.5 slot cards in sli + water cooing is frigging sweet. ^_^

Ok....yes that would look frigging sweet especially if you could illuminate the waterblocks like XSPC waterclocks!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

• 9 months later...

The pcb of the 780 gainward phantom is not reference which fucked me because i had to buy another block and since i had undone the thermal pads i could not return it. =(

Please do not post about stuff you do not know about, This time the issue solved itself i got myself a reference 780 to sli with so i can use the block on that one.