One GPU, Three Different Monitors

So i was thinking of building a dual monitor setup, one superwide 3440x1440 and one 2560x1440. My PC currently has one MSI gtx 980. Was wondering if this would be enough to handle the two monitors or whether i would need a better gpu, maybe go sli?

The 980 should be more then enough some lower end cards support duel monitors

Console is better because its cheaper ~console peasants

So i was thinking of building a dual monitor setup, one superwide 3440x1440 and one 2560x1440. My PC currently has one MSI gtx 980. Was wondering if this would be enough to handle the two monitors or whether i would need a better gpu, maybe go sli?

three or two?

also gaming honestly a 3440x1440 is stretching a gtx 980

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

1+1=2 not 3 monitors

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Kind of confusing topic. OP states in the headline three monitors, but then talks about two.. typo?

If you want to use two monitors and just one for gaming the GTX980 will be alright for 1440p. If you really mean a Surround setup with one GTX980 in 1440p, that´s not going to work out unless you play 10 year old games.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I read this as cups.

And you will have issues with the one 1440 as stated previously.

If anyone asks you never saw me.