[Redmond Pie] iOS 6.0.2 Jailbreak Ready for Untethered Support

dawg
Rather than explain the current status over Twitter through a series of 140 character posts' date=' Planetbeing decided to explain the situation in detail to what he calls the "smarter jailbreak community" in the hope that Reddit users in that particular community will have a deeper understanding of the technical aspect and intricacies involved in the work. Obviously the iOS 6 jailbreak isn’t in a state where it can be released to the public but the good and positive news is that Planetbeing currently has an untethered solution running on his own iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.2.[/size']

Interesting. I own an Android device, but I'm glad to hear that the Jailbreaking community for iOS is still running strongly, regardless of untethered support being for iPhone 5 users only (For this jailbreak algorithm).

Source

Maybe I will jailbreak my 4S? I did it with my 3G, but that was long ago, and the jaibreak made it significantly slower.

MEH

I recently upgraded to a 5 from a 4S, and I miss my jailbreak :(

Hopefully this comes soon.

Off-topic: At least when I got my 5, Google Maps was out, and I didn't have to mingle with the mess that is Apple Maps >_<

Fingers crossd that this actually comes to fruition.

Just for your information, "installous" has shut down. Link is just a reference. Don't worry about the rant thing.

I recently upgraded to a 5 from a 4S, and I miss my jailbreak :(

Hopefully this comes soon.

Off-topic: At least when I got my 5, Google Maps was out, and I didn't have to mingle with the mess that is Apple Maps >_<

Just out of interest: What made you upgrade from a 4s to a 5? Where's the point?

There is a brand new alternative to installous called IPAStore it is very well made and easy to use. I also can't wait for a untethered jailbreak.

Apple needs to open up the platform ... It does not offer anything that you cant customize android to do ... + androids widgets

iOS is falling behind ...

We need the arms race of mobil OS

the jailbreak will be let lose once ios 6.1 is out and if they can jailbreak ios 6.1 untethered also then we will be king again

Maybe I will jailbreak my 4S? I did it with my 3G, but that was long ago, and the jaibreak made it significantly slower.
Jailbreaks have become much faster since the iPhone 4.