Desperately need a new ISP

swansburg

Hey everyone,

lately my internet has just been getting worse and worse every day. I tried calling my ISP (Time Warner Cable) and saying that my connection is slowly getting more and more terrible and they refuse to do anything about it, and i refuse to continue paying for something i'm not getting. So i'm in the market for a new ISP and i was hoping that somebody here could help me. I live in the New England area (conway, NH). If anyone around the area knows a good ISP i would love if you could give me some recommendations, even if you dont live in the area but you know what is available in the area. Thanks in advance.

If you want your eyes to bleed here you go: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2921920925

some times

some states have these small ISPs that provide VERY high speeds for cheap

no idea how to find them

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That stuff somewhat depends on your area in terms of who's good. Aside from another cable ISP or CenturyLink, I have no other recommendations. I wouldn't advise going with EarthLink, because I hear complaints about them almost daily.

I want to say that TWC is the only ISP in your area...but then again I don't live in New England, so I could be wrong.

It'll help if you reset your router though. Just hold down the reset button for 10-15 seconds, let go, and then let it do its thing. You should hopefully see a boost in your speeds.

Oh, and use an ethernet cable. 

COMIC SANS

I want to say that TWC is the only ISP in your area...but then again I don't live in New England, so I could be wrong.

It'll help if you reset your router though. Just hold down the reset button for 10-15 seconds, let go, and then let it do its thing. You should hopefully see a boost in your speeds.

Oh, and use an ethernet cable. 

i dont use wireless anything except on my GS3, which i hardly use at home. My pc is hardwired. I've tried everything including resetting my router. They just aren't providing me the speeds i pay them to provide me.

ugh... so much fun isn't it

Nope i get ddos every two minutes packot lost goes to 20%

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Nope i get ddos every two minutes packot lost goes to 20

man, that sucks. I pretty much get ddos'd my my own ISP, i try to watch an HD stream and my internet gets throttled down to like .5 download. worthless excuse for human beings

how fast is your internet supposed to be?

i'm supposed to have like 20-30 down and 1-2 up

i'm supposed to have like 20-30 down and 1-2 up

Is your modem part of your router or separate? if it's seperate have you plugged the lan cable directly to a pc/laptop just to test the speeds?