Just Cause 3 Vs. Fallout 4

RaptorCock

Oh I don't think it's the game. I got a 970 and I can run Ultra amazingly. 40-60 fps

It's definitely the game and a new texture mod just got released and it look much better while using much less VRAM which literally show how good Bethesda "optimized" the game.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Oh I don't think it's the game. I got a 970 and I can run Ultra amazingly. 40-60 fps

I can promise you now, if you are running the game maxed out you WILL get drops to at least 30fps in some areas.

I fixed my problem by lowering both shadow settings to medium which keeps my frame rate pegged at my capped 80fps... considering i have a slightly better gpu than you I don't believe what you say for one second....especially since you say it's maxed out.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Yes, it is the game. Literally almost everybody is having major FPS drops. And although I think the game looks fine, the FPS drops doesn't reflect visually. 

Now, if 40-60fps is good for you, good. But for most people the FPS drops are unacceptable. And lowering the graphics settings to low literally makes no difference. I know somebody with a 980Ti who plays the game at 1080p (yes, I know) and even he doesn't have a stable 60fps all the time. The game is horribly optimized, end of story.

sigh...just set shadowdistance to medium and fps drops are gone.....

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Not. It helps a little, but it's certainly still there. And very irritating. 

Just Cause 1 was boring, Just Cause 2 was boring, I don't see why JC3 should be any different. Fallout, while not as good an IP as Elder Scrolls, is a world I can get lost in and find something around literally every corner to enjoy. While Just Cause is just a dressed up Hollywood movie, and there's a reason I haven't been to a movie theatre in 7 years.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just Cause FTW

Suffer Bethesda fanbois

B B B BUT MUH SIDEQUESTS

I personally would rate Fallout 4 way above JC3 purely because I'm too used to the "Go here (except now it's go anywhere you damn well feel like), kill some people and blow shit up. 

FO4 just seems to fit the need I've had for gaming and has already consumed over a day and a half in game with having it for just about 3 days. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Still wondering which one to get?

I'd say fallout 4, flat out more to do,

Total biscuit did a good WTF on Just Cause 3 and pointed out some things that are worth noticing. Like the annoying aide missions to unlock upgrades is boring as hell, after trying it out I have to agree. It's pretty poorly made compared to, say Saints row who made side quests fun.

Both games run so-so atm unless you have top tier pc's

Witcher 3

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I didn't even have to go to medium - Just lowering to one below Ultra and the game runs silky-smooth, even with Shadowplay running.

Yes, it is the game. Literally almost everybody is having major FPS drops. And although I think the game looks fine, the FPS drops doesn't reflect visually. 

Now, if 40-60fps is good for you, good. But for most people the FPS drops are unacceptable. And lowering the graphics settings to low literally makes no difference. I know somebody with a 980Ti who plays the game at 1080p (yes, I know) and even he doesn't have a stable 60fps all the time. The game is horribly optimized, end of story. 

It isn't the best optimized game in the world, granted. But I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you're reporting. And I'm also a scrub running 1080p with a 980 Ti, sigh...

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro | Memory: 16gigs HyperX FuryX | Cooling: Xigmatek SD1483 Frostbourne 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 | PSU: EVGA 750W Gold+ modular | Storage: 128g adata SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD | Monitor: ASUS PA238QR

Just Cause 1 was boring, Just Cause 2 was boring, I don't see why JC3 should be any different. Fallout, while not as good an IP as Elder Scrolls, is a world I can get lost in and find something around literally every corner to enjoy. While Just Cause is just a dressed up Hollywood movie, and there's a reason I haven't been to a movie theatre in 7 years.

It all comes back to what you want out of a game. JC2 and soon JC3 are what I'll play for hours on end while listening to podcasts or uncut letsplays (using dual monitors). Same with rocket league, nfs and ksp. The vast majority of my JC2 play time is simply driving around aimlessly occasionally blowing up something nearby.

Elder scrolls, The Wicher, Fallout and mass effect games I also played a lot of but got a much more engrossing with far better stories butI get a completely different experience from them compared to JC2.

I enjoy the resent wave super hero movies but also the 'classics' for completely different reasons. I wouldn't load up with junk food with friends to go have a giggle at Schindler's List.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

I can promise you now, if you are running the game maxed out you WILL get drops to at least 30fps in some areas.

I fixed my problem by lowering both shadow settings to medium which keeps my frame rate pegged at my capped 80fps... considering i have a slightly better gpu than you I don't believe what you say for one second....especially since you say it's maxed out.

I don't have any FPS problems I don't know why, I'm in Ultra. Maybe VSync? idk and its not like i got a titan x its only a gtx 970 with 3.5 gb

Just Cause 3 has a shit port... Damn was hoping to buy it. I guess it goes to Star Wars Battlefront 3

Fallout 4 runs like complete shit. I get drops to 30fps in towns and I have a good system. (980 4690K 8GB RAM)

It's like the devs played dayz and thought yes...we need our game to also be "cinematic" when entering a town too.

Nah, 970 as well at max settings 60 fps and only got a drop when I ran into a bunched up gaggle of enemies (once).

Nothing constantly causing it. I would get it if people with crap systems complain but Idk why I'm seeing so many people with beefy systems w/ 980 or more are getting drops?? 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Witcher 3

QFT

The first game I have played in a long time that made me cry.

and unlike bethesda sidequests (go kill x number of y) they all have their own mini story.

What other game lets you skip part of a quest if you can figure it out another way?

done that and it's sound now. Had done that  yesterday. But for my system I shouldn't have to put them on medium, so my point still stands on that it runs like shit.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Not. It helps a little, but it's certainly still there. And very irritating. 

The drops are reduced by 40 frames for me.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

QFT

The first game I have played in a long time that made me cry.

and unlike bethesda sidequests (go kill x number of y) they all have their own mini story.

What other game lets you skip part of a quest if you can figure it out another way?

Game of the Year - it won 2 such awards already :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Nah, 970 as well at max settings 60 fps and only got a drop when I ran into a bunched up gaggle of enemies (once).

Nothing constantly causing it. I would get it if people with crap systems complain but Idk why I'm seeing so many people with beefy systems w/ 980 or more are getting drops?? 

I'm sure. Out of all the people with a 970 complaining about the performance, your 970 just so happens to run it better than everyone else's. Right.

I'm sure. Out of all the people with a 970 complaining about the performance, your 970 just so happens to run it better than everyone else's. Right.

Out of all the people with 970 NOT complaining about performance my 970 just so happens to run exactly like all of theirs.  Strange.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Game of the Year - it won 2 such awards already :D

Wait, where are you looking??? I'm searching but my feeds are filled with the Video Game Award posts for the show tonight.

Wait, where are you looking??? I'm searching but my feeds are filled with the Video Game Award posts for the show tonight.

The ones now are among the bigger ones. There are numerous publications giving such awards

The ones now are among the bigger ones. There are numerous publications giving such awards

I know, but Google is failing me XO. It's only pushing posts about the stupid award show that's today. Which publications? (unless there from Bulgaria in which case I won't be able to read it since I am a dumb american that only knows english :(  )

I know, but Google is failing me XO. It's only pushing posts about the stupid award show that's today. Which publications? (unless there from Bulgaria in which case I won't be able to read it since I am a dumb american that only knows english :(  )

Google requires a sacrifice to reveal the secrets ;)

Just cause 3 will be good but we need to wait for the multiplayer and them to fix all of the bugs so for now fallout 4