Why this so expensive ?

o0odellero0o
Go to solution Solved by elecxonica,

Basically, it's enterprise/professional grade, so it's verified and designed to work with software that makes people enough money that downtime would cost them more then what they'd saved from going with a gaming card.

Basically, it's enterprise/professional grade, so it's verified and designed to work with software that makes people enough money that downtime would cost them more then what they'd saved from going with a gaming card.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I don't understand why ? I only know this small card make 4GB DDR5 !

-PIC-

It's a Quadro Card they are used in industry where they are specifically for 3D modeling live views or rendering as a workstation GPU, so it's not like a regular GPU for gaming or anything like that.

I don't understand why ? I only know this small card make 4GB DDR5 !

Because Quadro. Compared to the GeForce cards, they use ECC RAM and higher binned chips which makes them cost more, then they also have different drivers/software which probably costs more to make so that gets added to the cost. My Quadro M4000 is basically a GTX 970, but with twice the RAM, way less heat output, and performs way better in "professional" applications, however its like $900+

They were created to be used for advertising screens. There's no reason for a typical gamer or workstation user to get one. They're designed to run displays with absurd resolutions (a.k.a. billboards)

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking this was the Nvidia NVS 810, that card is actually just a workstation card.

Spoiler