Windows is not activated Win 10

dark_xzyph3r

Hey guys, I just changed my GPU from my Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 to an EVGA 660 Ti and did a full reset of windows with erasing everything and now it says that it is not activated.. How is that since it was activated since day 1..

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Is it asking for a Windows Key?  When I did a clean install on my laptop I just skipped that step and it installed just fine since the licence is tied to the hardware.

As long as your motherboard didnt change, when you go to activate windows, it should do it automatically...

When in doubt, re-format.

Is it asking for a Windows Key?  When I did a clean install on my laptop I just skipped that step and it installed just fine since the licence is tied to the hardware.

No it isn't it is just saying it is not activated..

As long as your motherboard didnt change, when you go to activate windows, it should do it automatically...

Yeah it should but it didn't :/ Is there any way for me to force a query to Microsoft's servers for an activated key tied to my hardware?

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Yeah it should but it didn't :/ Is there any way for me to force a query to Microsoft's servers for an activated key tied to my hardware?

Not that I know of, but you could actually call Microsoft to straighten it out. They are generally pretty good about re-activating license keys if you explain to them what happened.

When in doubt, re-format.

Not that I know of, but you could actually call Microsoft to straighten it out. They are generally pretty good about re-activating license keys if you explain to them what happened.

Aight, Ill do that.. Maybe I will use the Microsoft Support tool built into Win 10 :P