GeForce GT 740 4GB

Spencer1559

I was wondering if the GeForce GT 740 4GB is worth it with a low end AMD APU?

dont get a 4gb 740 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

dont get a 4gb 740 

Wow a 740 with an amazing 4GB. Must be better than my 780 since it has an extra 1GB of memory. More = better :)

Anyway not sure what to add now. Lost my train of thought lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What is the APU that you have? You may be able to Crossfire with it.

AMD APU's cannot Xfire with Nvidia GPU's.....

@Spencer1559 the 740 is likely to be better than the iGPU's on the lower end APU's and it's not an awful thing to get if you can get it cheap enough. I saw them for about $40 in EVGA's Bstock.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

AMD APU's cannot Xfire with Nvidia GPU's.....

@Spencer1559 the 740 is likely to be better than the iGPU's on the lower end APU's and it's not an awful thing to get if you can get it cheap enough. I saw them for about $40 in EVGA's Bstock.

I know that, but what i was trying to say was that if the graphics in his APU are the same as a GPU on the market, he can Crossfire with those, not with a GT 740.

dont get a 4gb 740 

they're actually pretty nice cards to mess around with, if you turn down the right settings you can play quite a few games at 1440p 60fps.

should clarify, i'm pretty sure thats a DDR3 card, so its not like the 4GB cost them a significant amount to put on there.

I know that, but what i was trying to say was that if the graphics in his APU are the same as a GPU on the market, he can Crossfire with those, not with a GT 740.

The way you worded it can very easily be misinterpreted to mean that an APU can xfire with the GT card. Be mindful of that when posting on threads where people are inexperienced with hardware.

they're actually pretty nice cards to mess around with, if you turn down the right settings you can play quite a few games at 1440p 60fps.

should clarify, i'm pretty sure thats a DDR3 card, so its not like the 4GB cost them a significant amount to put on there.

There's 4GB GDDR3 version and a GDDR5 version.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"