PC Parts Help

PotatoCarrot

Hi all, I am planning on building a PC mainly for programs such as Photoshop, After effects and Blender etc. Also, I may use it for the odd game but small games unlike Witcher or GTA or Star Ward Battlefront. Anyway, I feel that I should get an Intel i5 4460 CPU and that's where I'm stumped. I would like parts that would work for my build without going over a budget of £400. If you could help me then that would be great. Thanks

Hi all, I am planning on building a PC mainly for programs such as Photoshop, After effects and Blender etc. Also, I may use it for the odd game but small games unlike Witcher or GTA or Star Ward Battlefront. \

If you're mostly doing productivity you may be better off with an FX 8 core build unless you really need per core performance

I stepped up the motherboard a bit, pricing is a good deal different where you're at

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8QXyYJ

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8QXyYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£100.26 @ Amazon UK)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£64.98 @ Ebuyer)

Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.55 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£39.09 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 360 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (£83.89 @ Aria PC)

Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£30.04 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: SeaSonic ECO 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£39.34 @ CCL Computers)

Total: £387.15

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-26 23:32 GMT+0000

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Ok, what you could do is get that cpu and a Z97 mobo that is under a $100 (USD), perhaps a MSI PC Mate. As for GPU a 750TI should do you pretty well on smaller titles and a orsair cx PSU, WD Blue 1TB, 8GB Corsair ram and a Case with the remnants should be close to your budget. Good Luck!

Ok, what you could do is get that cpu and a Z97 mobo that is under a $100 (USD), perhaps a MSI PC Mate. As for GPU a 750TI should do you pretty well on smaller titles and a orsair cx PSU, WD Blue 1TB, 8GB Corsair ram and a Case with the remnants should be close to your budget. Good Luck!

Part Picker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3FzfQ7    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jJY9kL

EDIT: Changed link

You're well over budget, also use the UK part picker

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

You're well over budget, also use the UK part picker

It's a tad bit over 600 USD and the specified budget translates to 604 USD. It isn't over by a large margin after MIR.

It's a tad bit over 600 USD and the specified budget translates to 604 USD. It isn't over by a large margin after MIR.

There's regional price difference and part availability

Spoiler