Most reliable LGA1150 MOBO's?

Hi, I'm going to upgrade to an i7-4790K from AMD FX-8370.

But when I check reviews on newegg there are so many negative reviews about a lot of motherboards...

Do you guys know some LGA1150 motherboards with a high majority of satisfied customers?

Budget: about 170 USD

Maybe I pay more if it's great.

Asus Z97-A?

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

The MSI Z97 is a good one

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Asus Z97-A?

For $170 you can probably get the Z97-PRO

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Note that the number of negative reviews is always much much higher than the actually problem rate, people are more likely to post if they had a issue with the product than if it worked just fine.

Almost any motherboard would do you fine and I would argue just to go cheap and replace it if it happens to fail (very unlikely).. but I heard Asus' TUF series are designed to last, and have a very long warranty (10 years I think) to prove it.

Anything ASUS and Gigabyte I can recommend. I have had way to many problems with MSI at work and from personal experience, I have not used ASRock yet but I have heard they have stepped up there game.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

For $170 you can probably get the Z97-PRO

yeah probably :P

I'm in Canada so its 184.99 CAD in newegg.ca

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

Anything Gigabyte or Asus for that budget will serve you well.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I may go for the Asus Z97-PRO GAMER or GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H since your replies have helped me a ton with my struggles.

Note that the number of negative reviews is always much much higher than the actually problem rate, people are more likely to post if they had a issue with the product than if it worked just fine.

Thank you. Yea, I kinda thought it would be something like that. Kind of annoying.