Windows 10 is corrupted need help.

amjath

Hi guys,

My windows 10 on my 2tb HDD is corrupted. My os backup (latest November build) is available in one of the partition.

I tried issuing Ubuntu live CD but I can't Mount my HDD.

So can I install Ubuntu on one of the partition (non-os partition) without formatting that partition?

Need help with more options.

Hi guys,

My windows 10 on my 2tb HDD is corrupted. My os backup (latest November build) is available in one of the partition.

So can I install Ubuntu on one of the partition (non-os partition) without formatting that partition?

You should be able to format the corrupted Windows partition and install Ubuntu on that.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I don't want to do that. Here is my plan. Install Ubuntu side by side on windows. Boot using Ubuntu copy the windows 10 setup into USB. Boot using USB and repair windows 10.

Disk is important data which I don't want to format. So need suggestions now.

Boot into recovery mode and navigate to the terminal, change your directory to the C drive and then run chkdsk.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Boot into recovery mode and navigate to the terminal, change your directory to the C drive and then run chkdsk.

How to do it. When I set the HDD to first priority and once I cross the mobo logo u see an error message to Insert bootable disk or drive

Hi guys,

When you try mounting the partition in Ubuntu live what error does it output?

When you try mounting the partition in Ubuntu live what error does it output?

I found something else.

Inserted windows 10 disk and found full 2tb as unallocated space. Need help guys

How to do it. When I set the HDD to first priority and once I cross the mobo logo u see an error message to Insert bootable disk or drive

Sorry, take the HDD out of the computer, put it into an external HDD enclosure, and boot from it through USB (If you have another computer that will do that), If that doesn't work, boot from the computer's original drive and check the disk of the corrupted drive. You are most likely going to need to do most the fixing with another computer.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)