did something change?my ppd jumps all over the place

As the title says, my ppd is just nuts. One time it shows 170k, and then it drops to 70k. I'm folding on a 7970 atm. And the thing is, apparently the 70k ppd is the accurate one since I'm getting that on the team stat page.

So, am I missing something? Last time I folded was about a month ago and I got stable 110k ppd. Did they change something?

I'm using the new 13.8 drivers

Ninja edit: I have the client-type=advanced flag, do I need to change that?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

jumps are pretty normal mine dose the same thing 10min ago i was at 70k now its at 110k.

The last time I was folding there were jumps, but not 100k. Plus it seems my 7970 is now weaker by about 40k.

Is this just on my end?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Various projects are going to cause that. The PPD calculation is based on your the frames per minute (or second, or whatever it is :) ) value, which can also change - and is somewhat volatile on Core17 projects. As it adjusts your PPD can fluctuate. Especially on higher end cards, which one minute you are getting 3FPM then the next 10FPM, which on a 4 hour to complete project makes a big difference. Pretty normal right now.

The whole thing with the PPD numbers you see - it's all an "estimate". I ask many people how get plumbing "estimates" how those went.  :ph34r:   Sometime good... sometimes, not so much....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99