CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD UPS

Donut417

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102133

Ive had this UPS for quite a while. I purchased it in 9/6/2011 and it has been rock solid.

Background

Both me and my mom are on one circuit in our house connected through 30year old wiring. I have a window air conditioner that I run in the summer when its really hot. One day I was running the air condit0oner and my computer and their was a power surge, which is normal in our house. Next thing I knew my computer locked up and the hard disk was dead. So needless to say I purchased 2 new hard disk and a UPS.

Specs

VA Rating 1350

Watts 810\

10 outlets

8 hour battery recharge

Half Load 9min

Full Load 3 min

Replaceable battery's (about $100 a pair for when I looked)

Alarms

Management software

Active PFC

1030 joules Surge Energy Rating

Pros

Long battery life if your load is like mine, minimal

Software is easy to use

Protects you from surges

Cons

Was kinda expensive

Instructions are lacking, install the software to set up the unit

My opinion

After using this for a while I have to say rock solid. I have my computer and HDTV which I use as my monitor for now hooked in to the battery. The rest hooked up to the surge suppression outlets. The management software is pretty easy to use. It keeps records of power surges, power sags, and power outages. You can set the UPS to turn off and then back on at preset times. I did not get that feature working on my last machine, I think its because the motherboard was not compatible with USB devices waking the machine. You can set sensitivity settings and how many volts below and above 120 volt rating you want the unit to switch to battery. When you go on battery mode it will sound an alarm, which was nice to wake me this morning at 8am est. On top of all this, there is a windows 7 gadget which can show you a variety of information, for example how many watts are being used cost of energy used, percent load, and etc.

I do have to say I think a UPS is a must for all machines. I look at it as protecting the $1400 I just spend on my new rig.

P.S. This is my first review so go easy on me please. :p

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.