Monitor > PC ?

Hey! Johnny here :) I am kinda in a situation atm idk if i should go with a cheaper build but get a 1080 monitor...

OR

Get a better build but have a 900p monitor for like another 7 months...before i get a 1080o monitor

Cheaper Build-1080p Monitor - 

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/jT6z4D

http://pricespy.co.nz/list.php?l=187039&view=l#rparams=     - Comes to a total of $1,162 NZD.

Better Build- 900p Monitor -

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/L86z4D

http://pricespy.co.nz/list.php?l=187041&view=l            - Comes to a total of $1,459 NZD.

So Yeahhh what is the better option?? As if i get a 1080p monitor with the cheaper build it will basically be the same price as if i got the better build.

So how long do pc's last? is it worth waiting till i get a 1080p....

How much of a performance diffrence would i notice in stuff such as tf2 to dayz.

Yeah so thanks if u read this! and would u choose a cheaper build if it meant u got a 1080p monitor.

1080p Is not a bad resolution, 900p will not scale well at all in many games. Just get the 1080p Monitor, though always look around for the best price where you are.

So go with the cheaper build? What is the difference from 180p's anyway

So go with the cheaper build? What is the difference from 180p's anyway

there is a different ratio for the screen. 1080p is 16:9 while 900 is like..... idek really but its a weird rez for a pc display

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

there is a different ratio for the screen. 1080p is 16:9 while 900 is like..... idek really but its a weird rez for a pc display

Oh.. so it's just a wider FOV? Any quality performance? 

A used 1080p monitor? Can i trust it would work...

What do u think of this? http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=3117701 seems kinda shady that it is $60bucks new zealand for a 1080p monitor

I would trust it. If the seller says it will work then it probably will work.

Look for trusted sellers @ ebay and it will probably be ok.

I would trust it. If the seller says it will work then it probably will work.

Look for trusted sellers @ ebay and it will probably be ok.

Shipping from overseas is annoying :l Do i get a hdmi or led? is that all the types...are they different?

Oh.. so it's just a wider FOV? Any quality performance? 

no not necesarily. upgrading from say 1080 to 1440p would not increase your field of view in games such as fps. and getting a 900p will also not but it's like watching a regular movie on a ultrawide screen. you get black bars on the screen because most games don't scale to that res.

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

no not necesarily. upgrading from say 1080 to 1440p would not increase your field of view in games such as fps. and getting a 900p will also not but it's like watching a regular movie on a ultrawide screen. you get black bars on the screen because most games don't scale to that res.

Is it bad to go off my native resolution? Like if i get a 1080p monitor is it bad to go to a higher resolution? Because in tf2 with my 900p monitor i can get a high or lower in game resolution without black bars, and can go a lower resolution in l4d2 without bars

Is it bad to go off my native resolution? Like if i get a 1080p monitor is it bad to go to a higher resolution? Because in tf2 with my 900p monitor i can get a high or lower in game resolution without black bars, and can go a lower resolution in l4d2 without bars

getting a higher res monitor that has a normal aspect ratio is fine but like I said some games wont scale to wonky resolutions like 900p tf2 might but it also might just zoom the frame in a bit and crop out the left and right sides to get a full image.

it's a trade-off but if you don't mind the black bars for now keep the 900p the regular desktop and everything will be fine but its only in like games and stuff.

We're all dying slowly

getting a higher res monitor that has a normal aspect ratio is fine but like I said some games wont scale to wonky resolutions like 900p tf2 might but it also might just zoom the frame in a bit and crop out the left and right sides to get a full image.

it's a trade-off but if you don't mind the black bars for now keep the 900p the regular desktop and everything will be fine but its only in like games and stuff.

ah ic thanks :) imma get the 1080p monitor cause like i don't needa spend another $300 bucks on stuff i don't need as i don't play games that need more than 2gb of vram

ah ic thanks :) imma get the 1080p monitor cause like i don't needa spend another $300 bucks on stuff i don't need as i don't play games that need more than 2gb of vram

Glad I could help

We're all dying slowly