Budget expectations rant

linuxfan66

I'm sick of people wanting impossible performance yields from ultra low budget builds upgrades(often wanting new parts too)

I live in oz as you may or may not know but the used part market here is overpriced old out of production gpu models people want 300/400/500 bucks for. And while pcs with first gen core i7s go for 700+ bucks.

People don't seem to under depreciation and you get what you pay for. If it were a car they would get that but not pcs...

I should sell my pc over there then, or is it "under" there ?! GPUs are bad everywhere I think, but you aussies and the UK seem to have it bad!

I am from Australia, and our currency and prices are fine. we feel like we get a raw deal but as soon as look look at it from another perspective apart from.... holy crap we are currently only getting 0.68 cents to the dollar it feels a lot better. I got a card when it was 1.07 to the US dollar back in like 2010, I think it was, and it honestly felt like I was stealing it. It hurt when I finally upgraded to a 970 and had to pay 500 instead of 300 (of course that was inflation, dollar and other factors as well).

The average Australian wage from information found is $79,767 for last year and most sites I saw were fairly consistent with this. Meanwhile the average wage in America is only 53,657 for the same year... So looking at a Gigabyte G1 gaming in America will set you back around $330 dollars on newegg which equals 0.617% of the average yearly income for an American, while in Australia a G1 costs $518 at umart a popular retailer and comes in at 0.649% of the average Australian income.

These are not hard figures... I personally earn well below the average, and both parties would be the same with people earning lower amounts or more its an average but still puts it in perspective, that is, if you think of it as hours worked, we are both working about the same hours to acquire the same card. I am fine with it being only .04% more when comparing it like that, we are a small island country that is rather isolated in the Pacific ocean i.e shipping, and only have a population of 23 million American has cities with half our country population, if anything after doing this little bit of research I feel like we should be bragging not complaining.

As for people wanting the best hardware for almost no price... well its always been like that, If you find yourself growing impatience then either take a break from giving advice or make a copy and paste reply that will still be helpful if always running into the same questions.

I find the majority of laptop gamers more perplexing than console gamers. Just about every conversation when asking them about their computer equals I bought it for portability, yet they cannot remember the last time they even lifted it from their desk.