Wifi adapter keep disable on laptop

zxkev

i used D-link DWA 160 on my Lenovo Y510p because laptop itself can not connect to 5ghz and our 2.4ghz wifi sucks.

But when i try to use the wifi adapter to connect wifi, it keep disable itself.

Please help

Do you have one of those stupid little buttons that disables the Wi-Fi if your turn it on somewhere probably near the top of the laptop around the screen i used to have a dell laptop like that and if the button was turn to off the Wi-Fi adapter wouldn’t stay on. If so id make sure it was turned on i know its simple but sometimes its always something simple! if thats not the case check you have the latest drivers.

Do you have one of those stupid little buttons that disables the Wi-Fi if your turn it on somewhere probably near the top of the laptop around the screen i used to have a dell laptop like that and if the button was turn to off the Wi-Fi adapter wouldn’t stay on. If so id make sure it was turned on i know its simple but sometimes its always something simple! if thats not the case check you have the latest drivers.

lenovo_ideapad_y510p_g16.jpg

where?

I just looked up like 30 pictures of that keyboard, and I can't see the icons clearly in any of them.

I would guess (if there isn't a physical switch on the side) that Fn + F6 might do it, that's the only symbol I can't make out.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!