Wiring part of building a pc?

Can someone pls tell me which wires went where when u build a pc? i know 1 goes from psu to gpu ,2 go from power supply to motherboard, 1 from psu to the HDD/SSD! What else?

Thank you

I would wire your CPU 8/6 pins because it the hardest to wire, the next would prob be 24pins and than the all the drives/fans and GPU would by my last.

Magical Pineapples

It depends on what you have, any pics?

If you mean my build? 

Case: BitFenix Neos 

Mobo: MSI Z97 PCMATE ATX

CPU: i5 4460

GPU: EVGA GTX 970

RAM: 8GB 2x4 corsair vengeance pro 1866MHz

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE

SSD: 120GB KINGSTON

PSU: 750W EVGA Supernova G2

I dont see how that matters tho :D

Theres quite a bit of wires but here's the run down:

PSU to GPU

PSU to Motherboard (ATX connector which powers the mobo)

SATA to HDD/SSD 

Front case connectors such as the power button, reset button, HDD activity light and USB connectors need to be attached to the motherboard.

All Fans are attached to the motherboard, this includes the fan on top of the CPU heatsink

The most generic connections are 24 pin (giant one) from PSU to mobo, ATX (4x4 pin, for cpu) from PSU to mobo, 6 pin (for GPU) from PSU to GPU, SATA Power from PSU to storage, SATA from mobo to storage, molex (fans, other addon/12v stuff) from PSU to various devices, and USB headers.  I may have missed one or two, however.  Consult your mobo manual for the front panel pins and other additional stuff, plus to deduce where the connectors even are.  Just watch a tutorial on how to build a PC on YouTube, they should cover all the connectors.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

The most generic connections are 24 pin (giant one) from PSU to mobo, ATX (4x4 pin, for cpu) from PSU to mobo, 6 pin (for GPU) from PSU to GPU, SATA Power from PSU to storage, SATA from mobo to storage, molex (fans, other addon/12v stuff) from PSU to various devices, and USB headers.  I may have missed one or two, however.  Consult your mobo manual for the front panel pins and other additional stuff, plus to deduce where the connectors even are.  Just watch a tutorial on how to build a PC on YouTube, they should cover all the connectors.

I have watched A LOT of videos.. but ive never really payed attention to the wiring! Also im building the pc with a friend who has built a lot of pcs before so ill be fine, but I just wanted to know all the different wiring... looks like a lot! I tought it was a little less!

Usually if it fits, it sits. Usually. Never had a problem using that technique though. :)

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

My guide in my sig might be able to help you out.

But for wiring, remember that almost every component needs a data connection to the motherboard, and a power connection from the PSU

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!