Is 1080p Really Worth It?

Heyy so thanks to all the lovely people here i ''THINK'' i have the build i want.

PCPartPicker part list: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/PWYRcf

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ PC Force) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($159.00 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($94.05 @ PC Force) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($86.33 @ PC Force) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB Nitro Video Card  ($390.00) 
Case: Cooler Master Silencio 352 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($107.36 @ Wiseguys) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master VS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($160.55 @ PC Force) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T2U 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.13 @ Ascent Technology) 
Total: $1370.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

So I posted that^ so anyone that might see this has a understanding of what i am working with.... So as of now i have a 1440 x 900 monitor at my mums and a 1600 x 900 monitor at my dads.
And i don't have the money to buy 2 monitors..so i was thinking if there is a great enough performance increase i would buy this 1080p Mointor http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=3117701 .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah basically tell me with the stuff i have is too good or too bad for my current monitors and would it be worth buying this 1080p monitor (Which i would need to repack every week from house to house) So is it really worth it?

Any help or feedback is very very much appreciated if u read all this I love u :D Ty Johnnny

P.S: Looking to save money anywhere, so if u note something that could be changed so i will be able to buy a 1080p monitor pls tell me : )

I would only buy a 1080p monitor if it's 144hz nowadays 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I would only buy a 1080p monitor if it's 144hz nowadays 

As much as i would like a 144hz monitor... i wouldn't be able to afford it :(

Unless there are some cheap asf ones out there i don't know about :o

You would get the inverse of a performance increase, the increased pixel count would mean you get LESS performance. @JohnnyIsHere

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

If you want a 1080p monitor and you're poor, get an Asus VG248QE.

You should NOT skimp on a monitor.  Period.  You use the monitor MORE than you use the keyboard and mouse!

You would get the inverse of a performance increase, the increased pixel count would mean you get LESS performance. @JohnnyIsHere

Ohhh that makes sense! okay thanks i don't know why i didn't know that..

With my computer specs how much fps do u reckon i would get in cs:go on a 1080p compared to my current one.

If you want a 1080p monitor and you're poor, get an Asus VG248QE.

You should NOT skimp on a monitor.  Period.  You use the monitor MORE than you use the keyboard and mouse!

Mhmm not that keen on paying $570 NZD on a monitor... would need to downgrade some of the computer specs above to get that.

This is my current 1600 x 900 one though :  http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS20C300BL/ZA-specs

Ohhh that makes sense! okay thanks i don't know why i didn't know that..

With my computer specs how much fps do u reckon i would get in cs:go on a 1080p compared to my current one.

Way more than what your monitor can display :P CSGO is not demanding in the least.

Way more than what your monitor can display :P CSGO is not demanding in the least.

Oh :o Is there any point getting these computer specs if CSGO & TF2 will be the main games i am playing?

Like if i made my computer specs say $200 less? Would i still be able to get like 100fps in CSGO on high settings so i can get a  60hertz 1080p Mointor?

Oh :o Is there any point getting these computer specs if CSGO & TF2 will be the main games i am playing?

Like if i made my computer specs say $200 less? Would i still be able to get like 100fps in CSGO on high settings so i can get a  60hertz 1080p Mointor?

Depends on what component you downgrade to save money.

Just tested really quick on my 3570K and GTX 970, I never dipped below 180fps :D

Depends on what component you downgrade to save money.

Just tested really quick on my 3570K and GTX 970, I never dipped below 180fps :D

Ah nicee :D thanks so i should get at least 100 :)

Ah nicee :D thanks so i should get at least 100 :)

Probably 130 or more really.  Your CPU is more powerful but my GPU is slightly faster, wouldn't be that huge a gap :D

And that's at max settings.  Competitive players turn down a lot of settings to improve visibility as well as making sure that graphical lags never happen.

Heyy

buy a 1080p monitor pls tell me : )

IMO.

Keep the 1600x900 as your daily driver, for the meantime..... until you put together more cash for the panel you Actually Want.

You can use AMD's Super resolution to provide 1080p+ visuals on your 900p display anyway.

The 1600x900p baseline also gives you more GPU power to use than 1080p, allowing possible higher details in game,...and extreme AA/Scaling features if desired.

Then when all said and done, your well versed in the monitor technologies, then you are going into your next upgrade with a real idea of what you need.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Probably 130 or more really.  Your CPU is more powerful but my GPU is slightly faster, wouldn't be that huge a gap :D

And that's at max settings.  Competitive players turn down a lot of settings to improve visibility as well as making sure that graphical lags never happen.

Ah sweeet : D u reckon i should get a better GPU and a worse CPU? OR nahh

IMO.

Keep the 1600x900 as your daily driver, for the meantime..... until you put together more cash for the panel you Actually Want.

You can use AMD's Super resolution to provide 1080p+ visuals on your 900p display anyway.

The 1600x900p baseline also gives you more GPU power to use than 1080p, allowing possible higher details in game,...and extreme AA/Scaling features if desired.

Then when all said and done, your well versed in the monitor technologies, then you are going into your next upgrade with a real idea of what you need.

Waiitt whaat i can turn my current Mointor into 1080p? :o do u know how to do that?

No I honestly think it's a horrible resolution. Go 1200p or go 1440p.

How much more would a 1200p or 1440p than a 1080p mointor?

Ah sweeet : D u reckon i should get a better GPU and a worse CPU? OR nahh

Not sure how much worse you can get on the CPU without dropping down to i3 territory :P

Waiitt whaat i can turn my current Mointor into 1080p?  :o do u know how to do that?

It's just basically SSAA.  IT renders you game at a higher res, then downscales it to fit your resolution, and the extra pixels are used to smooth out edges but you still see only whatever your monitor is capable of displaying at.

Not sure how much worse you can get on the CPU without dropping down to i3 territory :P

Oh lel okay :P will just stick with the i5-6500 :)

Waiitt whaat i can turn my current Mointor into 1080p? :o do u know how to do that?

With your AMD driver or Nvidia Driver.

There will be multiple resolutions they both add.

Both GPU types have this function.

You STILL have to have the GPU horsepower to push them pixels, but if you can, then why not.

Nvidia - http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

AMD - http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/vsr

Both enabled via driver control panels.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz