Monitor Step-Up

Scarymonkeys

Hello! In the future I've thought of possibly upgrading my monitor to something with a 16:9 aspect ratio (Or possibly even the better picture quality or bigger size.). Basically here are my options I've considered.

#1: Get dual 1080p IPS 60Hz panels. (Possibly the Asus VS239H-P?)

#2 Wait a few years until it's time to upgrade my PC. (This shouldn't be for a few years hopefully :P.) Then I could upgrade to parts that are meant more to handle 4K or 1440p gaming and get a 1440p IPS panel or a 4K panel.

What would you do?

I play games from survival/strategy to FPS to first-person shooters. I can't tell the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps, nor can I tell the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz, nor 120 and 144, so that's not a big deal.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

It might help to mention your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It might help to mention your budget.

I don't really have one as of right now. I'm mainly asking if getting a 1080p IPS display now would be better or waiting a few years and getting a 4K monitor when it comes time to upgrade my system.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues