Linus's Personal Rig

LinusTech

I was a bit skeptical about the gold block with the blue motherboard but it looks pretty good. What kind of memory are you using?

Those are tracers, but I will likely swap them out for copperheads or 64GB of G.Skill RipjawsZ. Another option is Dominator Platinums with Blue Lightbars.

Dominator Platinum & Blue Lightbars look really nice, although it was not what was expecting. I wish, instead of having the blue or white slits in the top of the modules, the lightbars changed the under-glow color. I like the subtle look of the white under-glow, but in the right system, blue or red under-glow would look very, very good.

Here's a random picture that proves that this system is in progress and will actually get built at some point.
Nar thats hacks!
| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Here's a random picture that proves that this system is in progress and will actually get built at some point.
Looks good so far!

I think that last 3 words said everything.

Come on Linus, it's like a couple hours job to build it and make it really nit. So in like 4 days, working on it one hour, hour and a half a day you could get it done. :p

Glad to see that you've kept the TJ07 for your updated personal build.

I've only seen it on your video from years back, but I'm looking forward to seeing lots of photos now.

Defiantly copperheads ram. And have you thought about putting wireless AC in, or is that not something you'd use?

What about the gtx590? are you still using this or getting a new 690/7XX/Titan?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

What about the gtx590? are you still using this or getting a new 690/7XX/Titan?
In a Livestream he said he would keep the 590 unless it couldn't run Star Citizen. And come on: there isn't really anything out there that his machine cannot Run.

Looking good keep us posted =] more pics

Defiantly copperheads ram. And have you thought about putting wireless AC in, or is that not something you'd use?
No considering AC wireless... If anything I'm considering 10Gbit ethernet ;P

I was a bit skeptical about the gold block with the blue motherboard but it looks pretty good. What kind of memory are you using?
Oh god your profile picture, LOL!

I almost fell off my chair!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Just finished watching all 12 YouTube videos on the re-build, and I was very impressed. Not just with the new parts, but the improvements to the case such as the cable management and mobo cut-outs. The very small flaws in the new powder coating are not a big deal, as you said they can't go back with one-off parts. It does make a stunning difference in the appearance of the entire case, to have it all freshly powder coated. The nice thing about black is that it blends in well with gold, silver, and copper for the colour scheme.

Love that FrozenQ res!

I'm sure about that build is gonna look freakin awesome Linus :D

Its amazing rig Linus, i hope you will use ultra vilot lighting and coolant.

I would assume using blue coloured memory modules would match the rest of the build?

Like the CPU water block, would be awesome if in stainless steel but thats just my preference.

Will you be running just the one graphics card?

got to love Asus components

Hey Linus Since no one can really see the Fans on the Quad Rad. at the bottom of your case - why not change ur silverstone air.p. to noctua NF-F12 they won't be really visible i think i re-watched your first 2 videos to make sure and i think they won't be really visible :D and it will be better :D and sth. i don't own a noctua fan to test yet what would happen if you tried to color it black with a black marker ? i mean just the out side frame that's visible ? wouldn't that work ? :D and good luck bro with ur build :D

Have been waiting for like a year already for linus to finish it haha

Those are tracers, but I will likely swap them out for copperheads or 64GB of G.Skill RipjawsZ. Another option is Dominator Platinums with Blue Lightbars.
the dominator lightbars wil look beast in your system, because you have the classified nickel plated block, and the dominator match it.

beside the point that Corsair are best in every possible thing that they are in :D

good luck with your system :P

Hey Linus Since no one can really see the Fans on the Quad Rad. at the bottom of your case - why not change ur silverstone air.p. to noctua NF-F12 they won't be really visible i think i re-watched your first 2 videos to make sure and i think they won't be really visible :D and it will be better :D and sth. i don't own a noctua fan to test yet what would happen if you tried to color it black with a black marker ? i mean just the out side frame that's visible ? wouldn't that work ? :D and good luck bro with ur build :D
Love the black marker plan :P unfortunately it would ruin the balance of the fans, and thus stop them from being quiet and amazing :P Sorry to ruin your idea :'( lol

No if you color the frame out side not from inside around the fan blades the out side the that u see from looking at the rad from top it won't ruin the balance marking doesn't add weight to the fan - and i don't color the brown rubber anti - vib. parts ofc. :D i think it might work :D the thing is :D the fan cost 140L.E here :D so to get one and test on it is too expensive for me :P :D ^^ :D