Upgrade help?

First of all this is my PC build -

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($126.98 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($190.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 

Other: 1 TB Hard Drive (Purchased)

Total: $516.92

I was wondering what are some of the best parts for future upgrade for the price. I especially am looking for a better CPU and case preferably a quad core CPU. Thank you.

(Cheaper is better, but no real budget.)

First of all this is my PC build -

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($126.98 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($190.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 

Other: 1 TB Hard Drive (Purchased)

Total: $516.92

I was wondering what are some of the best parts for future upgrade for the price. I especially am looking for a better CPU and case preferably a quad core CPU. Thank you.

(Cheaper is better, but no real budget.)

ssd...maybe a cpu upgrade

maybe a psu upgrade

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Get a i5 4460 for starters. Also do you mind posting the exact EVGA psu you had in mind? they make some good ones, and some bad ones. 

ssd...maybe a cpu upgrade

maybe a psu upgrade

I was thinking about getting an i5 4690 in the futureu, but as of right now I'm concerned about my case. The case I currently have is small I didn't bother to see if the size was the size I wanted because I was so excited to actually build the PC. So I need some help getting a nice case with decent cable management ability for around $70

Get a i5 4460 for starters. Also do you mind posting the exact EVGA psu you had in mind? they make some good ones, and some bad ones. 

EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply <-- This is the PSU I currently have if that is what your asking

EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply <-- This is the PSU I currently have if that is what your asking

it's probably a b1 then. not bad for what you're running. if you're gonna push for more upgrades in the future, get a better psu. From all of the advice I got on the this forum, B1s and cx psus aren't really good for builds because they may blow up if you push them. you're probably fine tho

it's probably a b1 then. not bad for what you're running. if you're gonna push for more upgrades in the future, get a better psu. From all of the advice I got on the this forum, B1s and cx psus aren't really good for builds because they may blow up if you push them. you're probably fine tho

You just caught my attention, first of all what do you mean by b and cx. Also, what are some thing to push my PSU to a point were it might blow up (just so I don't get too ahead of myself)

I was thinking about getting an i5 4690 in the futureu, but as of right now I'm concerned about my case. The case I currently have is small I didn't bother to see if the size was the size I wanted because I was so excited to actually build the PC. So I need some help getting a nice case with decent cable management ability for around $70

save some money and get a 4460

You just caught my attention, first of all what do you mean by b and cx. Also, what are some thing to push my PSU to a point were it might blow up (just so I don't get too ahead of myself)

don't worry about the psu till later

case should be ok if it fits everything

Your EVGA psu may be a B1 or B2 (one of these or both are more for office builds, not gaming builds) And the Corsair CX series is just for office builds. it's kind of a running joke that people who are running a 390 in their build and a cx psu are just waiting for it to blow up. What i'm talking about for pushing your psu is that some psus aren't good at running near full load may fail and bring some or all of your build along with it. So if you're going to build your pc even more, like a new, more power hungary GPU in the future, don't be afraid to spend a bit more money for a quality power supply, because if that fails, your system won't work and the psu might take shit with it when it dies. You're fine now though, don't worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend an ssd. I just bought the Samsung 850 evo on Amazon for 47% off