Xbox 360 emulating Apple PowerPC software

Since the Xbox 360's CPU is a PowerPC-based processor, I figure it shouldn't have much trouble emulating software designed for PowerPC Macintoshes. It probably wouldn't run natively considering the other hardware differences in the Xbox versus other PowerPC-based Macs, but theoretically I think the Xbox 360 should be capable of emulating software designed for PowerPC Macs because both systems are using PowerPC-based processors. With some modifications on the Xbox's behalf, I wonder if it could be possible.

What are your thoughts on this?

Microsoft XCPU (Used as the CPU in the Xbox 360)

PowerPC 700 series (commonly referred to as the PowerPC G3, used in the Apple iMac G3, PowerBook G3 and iBook G3)

PowerPC 7400 series (AKA PowerPC G4, used in the Apple iMac G4, PowerBook G4 and iBook G4)

PowerPC 970 (AKA PowerPC G5, used in the Apple iMac G5 and the Power Mac G5)

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

who cares..the 360 is old news already

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

could work

I have my Powermac G5 lying around so I could test it if you need anyone too

Theoretically.

I know the old Xbox 360 Dev Kits were essentially dual CPU dual core Power Mac G5s.

You know how Hackintoshes work, right? The operating system software would have to be modified in such a way that certain aspects of the hardware would be irrelevant. Like how by default Mac OS X 10.10 won't install on a Windows machine even if the hardware is identical to that of an Apple computer. There's something in the firmware of Apple computers that tells the operating system that it is an Apple system, and non-Apple machines don't have that. There's probably more to it, but if the PowerPC version of Mac OS X (Like 10.5) were made to ignore it, and the Xbox were modified to allow custom operating systems, it might work.

You know how Hackintoshes work, right? The operating system software would have to be modified in such a way that certain aspects of the hardware would be irrelevant. Like how by default Mac OS X 10.10 won't install on a Windows machine even if the hardware is identical to that of an Apple computer. There's something in the firmware of Apple computers that tells the operating system that it is an Apple system, and non-Apple machines don't have that. There's probably more to it, but if the PowerPC version of Mac OS X (Like 10.5) were made to ignore it, and the Xbox were modified to allow custom operating systems, it might work.

Theoretically =/= Actually?

I meant more as in if it was possible, it would be pretty straightforward.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Who would even want to emulate a 360 now a days anyway?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Who would even want to emulate a 360 now a days anyway?

We're not talking about emulating the 360, we're talking about emulating software designed for PowerPC Macs on the Xbox 360. Besides, there are plenty of people still playing on the Xbox 360, and plenty of people still buying 360 games. If everyone dropped it, Microsoft wouldn't be selling it anymore because it wouldn't be profitable. But, it's still profitable because people are still buying it so Microsoft is still selling them on their site.

We're not talking about emulating the 360, we're talking about emulating software designed for PowerPC Macs on the Xbox 360. Besides, there are plenty of people still playing on the Xbox 360, and plenty of people still buying 360 games. If everyone dropped it, Microsoft wouldn't be selling it anymore because it wouldn't be profitable.

They don't sell it anymore though... Thats last gen they sell Xbox ones now and I see what your saying would be theoritically possible but sorta pointless then.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

They still sell the 360.

Refurbished ones most games arn't even developed for last gen anymore.

They don't sell it anymore though... Thats last gen they sell Xbox ones now and I see what your saying would be theoritically possible but sorta pointless then.

Are you sure they don't sell them anymore? Sure looks like they do to me. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/cat/Xbox-360/categoryID.69670800

Refurbished ones most games arn't even developed for last gen anymore.

If the Xboxes being sold on Microsoft's website were refurbished, the page would mention it. They would have to. The pages don't, so it's safe to assume those Xboxes are not refurbished, and are in fact brand new.