Elder Scrolls Online to be a flat monthly (or subscription) fee?!?

"Charging a flat monthly (or subscription) fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play."

"just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play."

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/the_elder_scrolls_online,44578,3026853.html

I was hoping that they were going to go down the same road as Guild Wars 2 and be a one time payment, would've made traditional ES fans so much more happier. Subscription based games really turn me off. But i guess im going to have to try it out :(

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

I truly enjoy the monthly sub over any other payment model out right now. Sure I won't have the money some months and not be able to play but I know that I will be getting constant updates to the game and not have to deal with any bullshit in game with a real money shop or any of that even if it isn't pay to win.

Guild Wars 2 is so good even without the monthly subscription. They have 3 teams working on content constantly and putting them out every month or sooner. They even posted a huge list of stuff they are adding by the end of the year. I feel like one time payment + microtransaction store is the way to go now, of course not pay to win type of thing but Guild Wars 2 has done it really well. 

Does this mean expansions packs will roll out for "free" with continuing your subscription plan?

Does this mean expansions packs will roll out for "free" with continuing your subscription plan?

Im not sure im not a mmorpg player nor have i played a sub based game before. which is why i was really hoping for a one time payment

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Im not sure im not a mmorpg player nor have i played a sub based game before. which is why i was really hoping for a one time payment

Sub based usually charge for expansion packs but they add new landmasses and stuff usually. I'm basing my question on the quote that you posted saying that they want to provide 100% access to th game at a small monthly fee. If they do it like that where expansions are going to be free because of the monthly fee then I would have no problem paying the subscription

To the people who complain about this runescape has a monthly fee to access 90 percent of the game. Elder scrolls is a lot better than runescape.

Eve Online does this very well actually and it has a monthly subscription based system, but they let you buy 30 day time cards with in game money, and it's not that expensive, which is great. Too bad the game is bit boring without a good corporation.

One thing I hate about World of Warcraft is their silly system. Monthly subscription, content updates every 6 months that people will be happy for a few days and then wait for the next one, expansion packs cost money and now they are adding a microtransaction store?

"Charging a flat monthly (or subscription) fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play."

"just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play."

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/the_elder_scrolls_online,44578,3026853.html

I was hoping that they were going to go down the same road as Guild Wars 2 and be a one time payment, would've made traditional ES fans so much more happier. Subscription based games really turn me off. But i guess im going to have to try it out :(

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen, paying a monthly fee is cool and all but take into account I live in a third world country and you'll understand why I don't want to pay each and every month.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Sub based usually charge for expansion packs but they add new landmasses and stuff usually. I'm basing my question on the quote that you posted saying that they want to provide 100% access to th game at a small monthly fee. If they do it like that where expansions are going to be free because of the monthly fee then I would have no problem paying the subscriIm prett

im pretty sure the expansions are going to be free, hence their statment of "Charging a flat monthly (or subscription) fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play."

I am pretty neutral on this. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I hate a sub model while at the same time I have been playing WoW since vanilla and will continue to play it for the foreseeable future. I just find it weird that these games that use a sub model have the same exact price points. You buy the game which is usually $59.99 plus $14.99 monthly subscription, I mean it just seems odd no one has tried using a sub model but with different price points. Have the game be $40.00 with a $15.00 sub, or keep the $59.99 but have a $9.99 sub. Isn't it that kind of thinking that sparks competition? Other than my content is better than their content because of reasons.