Can you do me a favor please?

Drkrinklez

You can still play without crossfire.

But what is the point of crossfire when it doesn't work? And anyone with Nvidia GPUs can SLI the game. You made a comment on drivers, the only reason AMD drivers don't suck, is they don't DO anything. Or in the case of Fallout 4, a major release, don't exist entirely. When one company handles a launch as poorly as AMD has, and as well as Nvidia has. That's a selling point, and why Nvidia has a lions share of the market. Only wish it didn't take buying two GPUs to figure that out.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

But what is the point of crossfire when it doesn't work? And anyone with Nvidia GPUs can SLI the game. You made a comment on drivers, the only reason AMD drivers don't suck, is they don't DO anything. Or in the case of Fallout 4, a major release, don't exist entirely. When one company handles a launch as poorly as AMD has, and as well as Nvidia has. That's a selling point, and why Nvidea has a lions share of the market. Only wish it didn't take buying two GPUs to figure that out.

AMD had drivers out for Battlefront before the beta was even out, same thing a lot of other games. Don't ask me why you can't crossfire on a game you don't need it on.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

AMD had drivers out for Battlefront before the beta was even out, same thing a lot of other games. Don't ask me why you can't crossfire on a game you don't need it on.

If I want to hold 60fps I do. Should we bring up that a 970 DESTROYS my Nitro 390 in Fallout 4? Or That Crossfire still doesn't work with Witcher 3. I have two Radeon GPUs and not a single game to use them on. Yet both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 allow for SLI, through driver support. Nvidia has better drivers, thats the truth and you can't hide from it. So much so that Nvidia's cards perform better than more powerful cards sold by AMD.

should i get a 2gb 960 or a 4gb 960? will it make a differance in framerate?

Certain games will dig into the extra vram. If it were me I'd go ahead and spend the $25 and go with the 4gb version while you're spending the money. Amazon has the evga 4gb ssc 960 for 214.99 >>> http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Installed-Backplate-Graphics-04G-P4-3966-KR/dp/B00UOYQ5LA

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

If I want to hold 60fps I do. Should we bring up that a 970 DESTROYS my Nitro 390 in Fallout 4? Or That Crossfire still doesn't work with Witcher 3. I have two Radeon GPUs and not a single game to use them on. Yet both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 allow for SLI, through driver support. Nvidia has better drivers, thats the truth and you can't hide from it. So much so that Nvidia's cards perform better than more powerful cards sold by AMD.

Witcher and Fallout have two things in common, Nvidia Gameworks which is known for not being so kind on AMD hardware. He said AMD had shit 'monkey' drivers which is absolutely not true, they work fine but just lack the features you just necessarily want.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Witcher and Fallout have two things in common, Nvidia Gameworks which is known for not being so kind on AMD hardware. He said AMD had shit 'monkey' drivers which is absolutely not true, they work fine but just lack the features you just necessarily want.

That's shit drivers my brother. Bethesda isn't going to block AMD from doing their job and releasing driver support, this is true with all developers and publishers. They have just as much to gain from happy customers as the manufacturer of the GPUs. For what ever reason Radeon has decided that Driver support is not important, but we're supposed to be excited for Crimson. We don't need a new name, or interface for Catalyst. We need driver support at least near what Nvidia offers their customers.

What does that have to do with AMD doing their job and creating a crossfire profile :lol: ? What's the point of buying a AMD graphics card if AMD doesn't support it? It's not like the launch of Fallout 4 was hidden, Radeon's had months.

And? GTA was in the works for months. AMD still had to release the optimized drivers sometime later. AMD doesn't have the same amount of resource in the driver department to push it out as fast as Nvidia. You knew this since the day you bought your 290. No point complaining now. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That's shit drivers my brother. Bethesda isn't going to block AMD from doing their job and releasing driver support, this is true with all developers and publishers. They have just as much to gain from happy customers as the manufacturer of the GPUs. For what ever reason Radeon has decided that Driver support is not important, but we're supposed to be excited for Crimson. We don't need a new name, or interface for Catalyst. We need driver support at least near what Nvidia offers their customers.

Nvidia releasing a driver for a game they sponsor first? That seems normal. Nothing to complain about really.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

And? GTA was in the works for months. AMD still had to release the optimized drivers sometime later. AMD doesn't have the same amount of resource in the driver department to push it out as fast as Nvidia. You knew this since the day you bought your 290. No point complaining now. 

Nvidia releasing a driver for a game they sponsor first? That seems normal. Nothing to complain about really.

No I see a perfectly acceptable reason to complain. Radeon is asleep at the wheel, they're not supporting their customers while Nvidia is. Has nothing to do with Gameworks. Putting Gameworks on a game doesn't remove Radeon's responsibility to their customers.

Would pass on GTX 960 it uses 128bit memory which is a joke even old GTX 670 uses 256bit memory. You can get GTX 970 for around $250 if you look on slickdeals.net.

No I see a perfectly acceptable reason to complain. Radeon is asleep at the wheel, they're not supporting their customers while Nvidia is. Has nothing to do with Gameworks. Putting Gameworks on a game doesn't remove Radeon's responsibility to their customers.

Crossfire works perfectly fine on Fallout 4. Sure, there isn't a profile, but just add a 3d application profile in CCC and set the Crossfire option to "Optimize 1x1". It's not going to give perfect scaling, but it will scale similar to SLI with a profile because we all know Crossfire is just plain better. Also, Fallout 4 perform like dogshit regardless of platform.

If you want a 960, get a 960 then. No one is going to stop you, but they will know that it is the inferior card to a 380.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Crossfire works perfectly fine on Fallout 4. Sure, there isn't a profile, but just add a 3d application profile in CCC and set the Crossfire option to "Optimize 1x1". It's not going to give perfect scaling, but it will scale similar to SLI with a profile because we all know Crossfire is just plain better. Also, Fallout 4 perform like dogshit regardless of platform.

If you want a 960, get a 960 then. No one is going to stop you, but they will know that it is the inferior card to a 380.

A 970 beats a 390 by 30fps in Lexington. If I can I'm getting a 970.

A 970 beats a 390 by 30fps in Lexington. If I can I'm getting a 970.

This is because "Godrays" are enabled by default in the setting menu. Godrays are a Gameworks feature that is not labled in the menu and kill performance on AMD cards. Once that's turned off it performs fine. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

This is because "Godrays" are enabled by default in the setting menu. Godrays are a Gameworks feature that is not labled in the menu and kill performance on AMD cards. Once that's turned off it performs fine. 

Not in Lexington. No idea why and I haven't found anyone who has a solid answer but only AMD GPUs have an issue.

Not in Lexington. No idea why and I haven't found anyone who has a solid answer but only AMD GPUs have an issue.

Gameworks settings have to be turned off in the ini file. And there's more to that than just godrays. Amd does have the the responsibility to provide us with optimized drivers but you know damn well that they're always late to the party. You can blame beth for not labelling the gameworks settings in the settings page.

If you want to get the 970, by all means go ahead. And while you're at it, make sure to snag yourself a FX 8350 as well since they're outperforming even my i5.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Gameworks settings have to be turned off in the ini file. And there's more to that than just godrays. Amd does have the the responsibility to provide us with optimized drivers but you know damn well that they're always late to the party. You can blame beth for not labelling the gameworks settings in the settings page.

If you want to get the 970, by all means go ahead. And while you're at it, make sure to snag yourself a FX 8350 as well since they're outperforming even my i5.

My anger towards Bethesda is waiting until now to let us know they married Nvidia. They could have said something at the launch. My little 4690k is really impressing me with this game, even during the Lexington dips CPU usage never goes above normal and my temps are the same as playing Witcher too. Pun intended but I don't know if a 970 is in the cards. Definitely going to try but I'm unwilling to take a hit as bad as selling my 390 for a game. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try though.

I get a twitch in my eye every time someone says turn down the settings. If a stronger card has to turn down settings to keep up with a weaker card, it's not a stronger card in any meaningful way outside a graph.

My anger towards Bethesda is waiting until now to let us know they married Nvidia. They could have said something at the launch. My little 4690k is really impressing me with this game, even during the Lexington dips CPU usage never goes above normal and my temps are the same as playing Witcher too. Pun intended but I don't know if a 970 is in the cards. Definitely going to try but I'm unwilling to take a hit as bad as selling my 390 for a game. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try though.

I get a twitch in my eye every time someone says turn down the settings. If a stronger card has to turn down settings to keep up with a weaker card, it's not a stronger card in any meaningful way outside a graph.

No no no. These gameworks setting aren't meant to run on Radeon cards. You don't turn on settings which aren't meant to run on your card and complain about performance.

No no no. These gameworks setting aren't meant to run on Radeon cards. You don't turn on settings which aren't meant to run on your card and complain about performance.

I understand what you're saying but please consider the following. I built a gaming computer, I didn't go cheap with the parts. If there are features that my card is kept from, then I understand. In Mechwarrior there are anti aliasing options I cannot use because I have an AMD GPU. But when the option is available to me, and I cannot use it because my GPU cannot handle it, the card that can handle that option is the stronger card. This is why the benchmarks show the 970 being stronger than a Fury, let alone my 390. Nothing else matters. I am attempting to play a game, and my GPU is unable to handle the game as well as the offering by the competitor to my GPU's manufacturer.

I understand what you're saying but please consider the following. I built a gaming computer, I didn't go cheap with the parts. If there are features that my card is kept from, then I understand. In Mechwarrior there are anti aliasing options I cannot use because I have an AMD GPU. But when the option is available to me, and I cannot use it because my GPU cannot handle it, the card that can handle that option is the stronger card. This is why the benchmarks show the 970 being stronger than a Fury, let alone my 390. Nothing else matters. I am attempting to play a game, and my GPU is unable to handle the game as well as the offering by the competitor to my GPU's manufacturer.

You'd best tell that to your i5. Losing to a FX? How could that be? If you're pissed that you can't run gameworks settings on your Radeon card, fine by me. But if you go around spreading misinformation because of this. I will call you out on your bs.

You'd best tell that to your i5. Losing to a FX? How could that be? If you're pissed that you can't run gameworks settings on your Radeon card, fine by me. But if you go around spreading misinformation because of this. I will call you out on your bs.

I run realtemp and Afterburner on my second monitor when I game, the 390 is the bottleneck in Fallout 4. But I invite you to question anything I say, as I'm careful not to say anything I can't prove. :D

I run realtemp and Afterburner on my second monitor when I game, the 390 is the bottleneck in Fallout 4. But I invite you to question anything I say, as I'm careful not to say anything I can't prove. :D

Then why'd you buy a 290 and later on even a 390 when you've stated that you play more gameworks games? Because you say you don't feel left out? No. W3 came out way b4 you bought your 390 and all over the Internet was plastered with warnings the Radeon card can't run gameworks features.

Then why'd you buy a 290 and later on even a 390 when you've stated that you play more gameworks games? Because you say you don't feel left out? No. W3 came out way b4 you bought your 390 and all over the Internet was plastered with warnings the Radeon card can't run gameworks features.

I bought the 290 because when I started my build I was working for a game developer called Gaijin. The guys told me to get a 280x, I got a deal on the 290 so took it. I knew I was going to be cutting it close for playing Fallout 4 when they announced the partnership with Nvidea, so I started looking into options on how to minimize the risk. I wanted to crossfire 290s, but couldn't find a matching Vapor-x under 350us. So I had the choice of a 290x and a 390, went with the 390 because every review I saw of the 290x barely placed it over the 290. There was no way of knowing just how bad the 390 would do with Fallout, let alone the 970 doing better than a Fury. Obviously if I could go back I would have gotten a 970.

I bought the 290 because when I started my build I was working for a game developer called Gaijin. The guys told me to get a 280x, I got a deal on the 290 so took it. I knew I was going to be cutting it close for playing Fallout 4 when they announced the partnership with Nvidea, so I started looking into options on how to minimize the risk. I wanted to crossfire 290s, but couldn't find a matching Vapor-x under 350us. So I had the choice of a 290x and a 390, went with the 390 because every review I saw of the 290x barely placed it over the 290. There was no way of knowing just how bad the 390 would do with Fallout, let alone the 970 doing better than a Fury. Obviously if I could go back I would have gotten a 970.

So you gambled with the risk and now you've lost?

So you gambled with the risk and now you've lost?

Pretty much. Knew it was a risk when I got the 390. And to it's credit it's a great GPU, for anything other than Fallout. Even plays Witcher with ultra settings by itself. I didn't go with a 970 because, well I thought in my pants and crossfire sounded cool. I also didn't want to be stuck with the 290 if I couldn't sell it. But you're exactly right, I gambled and lost. So I'm sure you can understand why I would spread the word on not getting a GPU that isn't supported.

App4that's frustrations are legitimate.

It's insane that an FX CPU can keep up with Intel's Core series of CPUs and beat them in some cases, but Intel's CPUs aren't taking a performance hit.

When it comes to GPUs it is OUTRAGEOUS that something like a 390x is getting it's ass handed to it by a 970, even with many GW settings turned off.

It was fishy since before launch when what was recommended on AMD's side was a 7870 or on Nvidia's side a GTX 550ti.

The difference is that AMD cards are running like total shit and being underutilized while the FX CPUs are being more utilized.

No one's mad that FX CPUs are running well.

Either way, i'm still getting an AMD card because i think they've been doing better recently and Nvidia's been dragging their ass.

I don't only play Fallout 4 so it's not enough reason for me to consider getting a 970.

"If you ain't first, you're last"