Long story short I want to find a nice heatsink for my Ballistix 1600mhz Ram sticks. Right now they have a very small heatsink on the side that has the logo, but I would preferably like a clean and "full coverage" heatsink like what the Hyper-X FURY has from Kingston, or in simpler terms, I want that closest looking heatsinks to the Hyper-X ones but on my ballistix sticks. Ram isnt expensive and honestly I wouldn't feel too bad if i just bought 4x4 sticks of that in alternating colors to sooth my color coordinating needs, but it would be great to hear from you guys what you think will be a safe and long term solution for getting rid of green PCB as I am sure I will run into this issue in the future.

Professional Girl

You can buy ram heatsinks online and ek makes some sexy black ones.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Long story short I want to find a nice heatsink for my Ballistix 1600mhz Ram sticks. Right now they have a very small heatsink on the side that has the logo, but I would preferably like a clean and "full coverage" heatsink like what the Hyper-X FURY has from Kingston, or in simpler terms, I want that closest looking heatsinks to the Hyper-X ones but on my ballistix sticks. Ram isnt expensive and honestly I wouldn't feel too bad if i just bought 4x4 sticks of that in alternating colors to sooth my color coordinating needs, but it would be great to hear from you guys what you think will be a safe and long term solution for getting rid of green PCB as I am sure I will run into this issue in the future.

Well the best would be to replace the RAM sticks since the cost to get a heatsink to replace it would be fairly expensive since most aftermarket ones are for watercooling.

I think I'm going to get the new ram. Its a tad faster @ 1866 and its >100$ but I'm surprised no one has made a universal and cheap heat spreader that looks great and makes ugly ram beautiful 

Professional Girl

I think I'm going to get the new ram. Its a tad faster @ 1866 and its >100$ but I'm surprised no one has made a universal and cheap heat spreader that looks great and makes ugly ram beautiful 

There are some cheap covers out there but it would still have the top and side edges of the green PCB showing, some better ones cover the top but go up more in price:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-ram-heat-spreader-black.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-ram-monarch-module-black-2pcs.html

There are some cheap covers out there but it would still have the top and side edges of the green PCB showing, some better ones cover the top but go up more in price:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-ram-heat-spreader-black.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-ram-monarch-module-black-2pcs.html

Yeah, I saw those on frozencpu when I was browsing for a solution. Not what I am looking for and I do not plan on doing ANY sort of overclocking on my ram (as I see no point to it) so I feel it would be a waste to buy a 50$ water cooling heat spreader that I wont use for its true purpose. New ram here I come!

Professional Girl