Got a dead GPU!

Yoo Song Won

I have a dead Nvidia geforce N570GTX... If I put it in the oven will it work again? And how do I do this?

Putting it in the oven is kind of a last resort, there is absolutely no gurantee

Putting it in the oven is kind of a last resort, there is absolutely no gurantee

Is there any other way to fix it? I really need to!

microwave will fix it

just for the love of god do it outside

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Is there any other way to fix it? I really need to!

It's called reflow soldering, the one you were asking about earlier (google it, done in a toaster oven I think) but even with that you have a high chance of bricking the card even more. You may just have a coaster now :c And why do you need it so badly? This is an opportunity for you to upgrade you know.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I have a dead Nvidia geforce N570GTX... If I put it in the oven will it work again? And how do I do this?

put it in rice

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

It's called reflow soldering, the one you were asking about earlier (google it, done in a toaster oven I think) but even with that you have a high chance of bricking the card even more. You may just have a coaster now :c And why do you need it so badly? This is an opportunity for you to upgrade you know.

I heard you can do it with a hair dryer

put it in rice

I swear to god my friend wont come and fix it

1. If you know anybody or anybody in range who fixes up old hardware do that 

Keep on looking for an alternative 

As for the oven method,I brought my ATI 4870 HD back to life 3 times but every time I did it,it died quicker strangely;untill finally I turned it into a shelf piece.(It may or may not work for you,I was lucky now that I think about it) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Remove every component you can and clean off the thermal paste

prop up the card on some aluminium balls tray and preheat the oven

bake at 200 °C for about 8 minutes

let it cool in the oven before removing and pray.

Your 570 wont contain lead and should be super toxic if you put it in the oven,

but you should at least clean it afterwards if you dont have a spare toaster oven.

You can just use the heatgun method though, seems to work better most of the time,

no worry about the oven and no risk of caps popping off .

You can just sell it as a scrap part on ebay though, it will probably net half of what a working used 570 would cost.

microwave will fix it

just for the love of god do it outside

this was meant as a joke. don't do it.

this was meant as a joke. don't do it.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

parady....................... but maybe we can get linus to make one of his off the wall videos and let people see what happens if yopu actually do microwave a graphics card............. ( oh, and by the way, it was a toaster oven not a microwave. )

parady....................... but maybe we can get linus to make one of his off the wall videos and let people see what happens if yopu actually do microwave a graphics card............. ( oh, and by the way, it was a toaster oven not a microwave. )

thats a great idea