Changing motherboard heat sink color without voiding warranty?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how I could go about covering up the annoying bright red heatsinks on the ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard I'll be getting soon?

I'd like a solution that I can "undo" if I ever need to send it in for warranty.

I'm considering plasti-dip or vinyl wrap (like the carbon fiber stuff) - in both cases, only applied to the red parts of the heatsinks.

Are either of those a good idea? Which would work better?

Z170I-Pro-Gaming_02.jpg

I don't think so. You'd have to void warranty for something like that. That's why I haven't made mine black/gold. For elegance, of course. 

EDIT: It is an excellent motherboard. I can personally attest to this. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how I could go about covering up the annoying bright red heatsinks on the ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard I'll be getting soon?

I'd like a solution that I can "undo" if I ever need to send it in for warranty.

I'm considering plasti-dip or vinyl wrap (like the carbon fiber stuff) - in both cases, only applied to the red parts of the heatsinks.

Are either of those a good idea? Which would work better?

-PIC-

You could plasti-dip them or alternatively vinyl wrap the accents to match your color scheme.

I have a writeup here under motherboard painting that goes over both methods:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

EDIT: It is an excellent motherboard. I can personally attest to this. 

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine... hopefully NCIX ships it out today and I can get it before the weekend!

You could plasti-dip them or alternatively vinyl wrap the accents to match your color scheme.

I have a writeup here under motherboard painting that goes over both methods:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

Sweet, cool guide you've got there!

Try using stickers, because plasti-dip will require a long time to dry off, water on a motherboard is never a good idea (incase you didn't know lol). I like to see someone getting into the creative spirit like you.

Overall, stickers is probably the best solution because when you send it in, you can use adhesive remover to take them of clean.