Logitech G633 or G933

Caliph

Need help, planning to buy new headphones and i need advice from the ppl who had wireless headphones before, what are the problems?

I mainly have the problem with the wire itself, its really annoying while i play games and i promised myself that next headphones i get will be wireless.

What are ur suggestion guys, currently i have Logitech G35.

Let me just tell you before you buy a wireless headphone, that it will be of worse sound quality compared to a wired one. Especially if you go for a decent audiophile grade quality headphone such as Beyerdynamic 880 or Sennheiser HD650.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Need help, planning to buy new headphones and i need advice from the ppl who had wireless headphones before, what are the problems?

I mainly have the problem with the wire itself, its really annoying while i play games and i promised myself that next headphones i get will be wireless.

What are ur suggestion guys, currently i have Logitech G35.

I doubt you will experience any loss in sound quality (unless there is a lot of wireless devices in the area that cause interference).

My main issue with wireless headsets is the battery.

Personally i would go with the wired headset, its cheaper and you dont have to worry about battery life or loss of sound quality.

I doubt you will experience any loss in sound quality (unless there is a lot of wireless devices in the area that cause interference).

My main issue with wireless headsets is the battery.

Personally i would go with the wired headset, its cheaper and you dont have to worry about battery life or loss of sound quality.

Well, battery life is 8 hours with the RGB lights, 12 without them, so it is enough before recharge.

I bought G35 and 1 of my friends have G930 and i do not notice any diference there in sound quality.

G35 and G930 have completely THE SAME "audio quality". As far as G633 and G933 goes, they sound AVERAGE AT BEST. I had a chance to test them and I'm not impressed at all. Pretty expensive piece of RGB gimmick...

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

I have the g930's and the most annoying thing, is when they run out of battery, and that's just a matter of plugging in the powercord. Which wouldn't be any different than the g633, atleast while they charge.

Also they can be a problem at a LAN, due to interference. I had minor dropouts at a 3200 person LAN, it wasn't too bad though.

Apart from that, it's super awesome being able to walk around the flat, listning to music, standup or talk on Skype while taking a dump. ;)

Edit: If you aren't in need of the microphone, then it could be worth looking into the Sennheiser RS series wireless headphones.

My take on this is that the ones I had a few years ago was good. The sound quality wasn't GREAT! But it wasn't bad either. The nice thing about the ones I had (Logitech G930) was that it had a built-in equalizer in the Logitech software. Which enabled me to change the sound to my liking. (Which is pretty much the main reason to why I have a soundcard for my wired Sennheisers today)

So, definitely Ok audio, it's great if you are using teamspeak/skype/etc and you want to be in the conversation but want to go grab something to drink or eat from the kitchen wink.png (My G930's had some decent range actually). There are tons of good reasons as to why it's great having them wireless.

But, the main issue I had was battery life. The battery lasted for a long time at first but slowly degraded and soon I had to basically always have the charging cord in (they worked for like 30mins on a full charge). And when the battery had pretty much died (after about a year or two, maybe even three. Not 100% sure), I couldn't even get them to work while having them plugged in. They just wouldn't turn on. Now, I don't think this was due to the battery killing it completely but rather the charging port being damaged (I didn't do anything too bad to it but it got worn out from all the plugging in and out etc). Because if I had the cord on a specific angle into my headset, they'd work. Otherwise they'd just turn off.

Therefore, if you are willing to risk having to buy new headphones within a year or two (of course the battery and power input could last longer and the power input on the ones you get might not break at all like they did on mine) I'd say go for it.

But if you want to get a good pair of headphones that lasts longer than about two years (and you're not really up for risking it), I'd go with a headset with a cord. You could probably get one with better audio quality for the same price too if that matters to you.

Note; I had the G930 version. Logitech may have addressed these issues in the new versions you're talking about (G633 and G933)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

My take on this is that the ones I had a few years ago was good. The sound quality wasn't GREAT! But it wasn't bad either. The nice thing about the ones I had (Logitech G930) was that it had a built-in equalizer in the Logitech software. Which enabled me to change the sound to my liking. (Which is pretty much the main reason to why I have a soundcard for my wired Sennheisers today)

So, definitely Ok audio, it's great if you are using teamspeak/skype/etc and you want to be in the conversation but want to go grab something to drink or eat from the kitchen wink.png (My G930's had some decent range actually). There are tons of good reasons as to why it's great having them wireless.

But, the main issue I had was battery life. The battery lasted for a long time at first but slowly degraded and soon I had to basically always have the charging cord in (they worked for like 30mins on a full charge). And when the battery had pretty much died (after about a year or two, maybe even three. Not 100% sure), I couldn't even get them to work while having them plugged in. They just wouldn't turn on. Now, I don't think this was due to the battery killing it completely but rather the charging port being damaged (I didn't do anything too bad to it but it got worn out from all the plugging in and out etc). Because if I had the cord on a specific angle into my headset, they'd work. Otherwise they'd just turn off.

Therefore, if you are willing to risk having to buy new headphones within a year or two (of course the battery and power input could last longer and the power input on the ones you get might not break at all like they did on mine) I'd say go for it.

But if you want to get a good pair of headphones that lasts longer than about two years (and you're not really up for risking it), I'd go with a headset with a cord. You could probably get one with better audio quality for the same price too if that matters to you.

Note; I had the G930 version. Logitech may have addressed these issues in the new versions you're talking about (G633 and G933)

Thanks, but about that problem with recharging and battery life, these ones have 36 months warranty, so if that happens in 2 , i give them to the customer servise and let them worry about that :D

I just got my G933s today, I for one love wireless headsets, they are so much more convenient than wired to the point where for general use I don't even consider wired sets anymore. As for audio quality the G933s are decent, they are definitely a step up from the G930s which I would call just OK, the whole wireless is worse quality/has noticeable latency comes from Bluetooth units and these are not Bluetooth so don't pay much attention to that, the quality really comes down to the build not the fact they're wireless and they do have direct 3.5mm and USB inputs + a 3.5mm input on the wireless dongle to convert another source to wireless which is a nice addition IMO however they do have some bugs that still need to be sorted out, things like the sleep timer is too short IMO, cant be adjusted and doesn't reset from a direct audio line in nor from using the mic (from what I hear), this is something Logitech has acknowledged as a problem an are supposedly working on a fix (take that with a grain of salt though there were bugs in the G930s that never go fixed, e.g. the sidebar setting).

The mic is much the same as the G930s... its a mic... it gets the job done if you game ;)

The buttons on the G933 aren't as well placed as on the G930 IMO but do the job, however they have the pressure balanced in the G933 unlike the G930 where the cup with the buttons on it felt like a semi open ear (pressure wise) while the other felt closed. I do find them comfortable on the head and the build quality is very nice.

I couldn't comment on battery life yet but my G930s definitely lasted ~10hrs (even after ~2 years with near daily 5-10 hour use while I work and in the afternoons, sometimes more if I have a gaming night on top of it) which was what they were spec'ed at so these will likely last the spec'ed 12hrs - I'm not into having flashing LEDs on my ears so those were turned off as soon as the set was plugged in, I'd prefer they weren't even there personally they should just have the one on the mic for convenience IMO. As long as they can last ~10hrs I'm happy because if I do hit that limit (or when I get the warning beep) I just plug them in and hey presto they're a wired set for a couple of hours while they charge.

Edit: Oh the battery is also accessible/replaceable on the G933s too unlike the G930s.

IMO if they were the same price as the G930s I would recommend them but with the premium that they have I would say wait a month or two and see if they do fix some of the bugs because while none of them are deal breakers and can be worked around, for the price I would want something without any of these simple bugs personally.

My 2c after a day (~12 hours) of use.

I just got my G933s today, I for one love wireless headsets, they are so much more convenient than wired to the point where for general use I don't even consider wired sets anymore. As for audio quality the G933s are decent, they are definitely a step up from the G930s which I would call just OK, the whole wireless is worse quality/has noticeable latency comes from Bluetooth units and these are not Bluetooth so don't pay much attention to that and they do have direct 3.5mm and USB inputs + a 3.5mm input on the wireless dongle to convert another source to wireless which is a nice addition IMO however they do have some bugs that still need to be sorted out, things like the sleep timer is too short IMO, cant be adjusted and doesn't reset from a direct audio line in nor from using the mic (from what I hear), this is something Logitech has acknowledged as a problem an are supposedly working on a fix (take that with a grain of salt though there were bugs in the G930s that never go fixed, e.g. the sidebar setting).

The mic is much the same as the G930s... its a mic... it gets the job done if you game ;)

The buttons on the G933 aren't as well placed as on the G930 IMO but do the job, however they have the pressure balanced in the G933 unlike the G930 where the cup with the buttons on it felt like a semi open ear (pressure wise) while the other felt closed. I do find them comfortable on the head and the build quality is very nice.

I couldn't comment on battery life yet but my G930s definitely lasted ~10hrs (even after ~2 years with near daily 5-10 hour use while I work and in the afternoons, sometimes more if I have a gaming night on top of it) which was what they were spec'ed at so these will likely last the spec'ed 12hrs - I'm not into having flashing LEDs on my ears so those were turned off as soon as the set was plugged in, I'd prefer they weren't even there personally they should just have the one on the mic for convenience IMO. As long as they can last ~10hrs I'm happy because if I do hit that limit (or when I get the warning beep) I just plug them in and hey presto they're a wired set for a couple of hours while they charge.

Edit: Oh the battery is also accessible/replaceable on the G933s too unlike the G930s.

IMO if they were the same price as the G930s I would recommend them but with the premium that they have I would say wait a month or two and see if they do fix some of the bugs because while none of them are deal breakers and can be worked around, for the price I would want something without any of these simple bugs personally.

My 2c after a day (~12 hours) of use.

Thanks, then ill wait a little, and aditional question, when they get into sleep mode, how do u "wake them up"?

Thanks, then ill wait a little, and aditional question, when they get into sleep mode, how do u "wake them up"?

Pressing any button on them will wake them up, I usually just roll the volume dial one notch.

Thanks, but about that problem with recharging and battery life, these ones have 36 months warranty, so if that happens in 2 , i give them to the customer servise and let them worry about that biggrin.png

Oh, ok :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

How about neither, on account that both SUCK.

What suck about them? Sure they may not have audiophile grade quality but they sure as hell are decent enough for gaming and while watching movies!

Not everyone wants/affords really high end stuff you know. So instead of just saying that they suck, how about giving some advice on what to buy instead. Preferably a similarly priced headphone that you think is ok? (OP might be able to spend more but then that's up to him)

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

What suck about them? Sure they may not have audiophile grade quality but they sure as hell are decent enough for gaming and while watching movies!

Not everyone wants/affords really high end stuff you know. So instead of just saying that they suck, how about giving some advice on what to buy instead. Preferably a similarly priced headphone that you think is ok? (OP might be able to spend more but then that's up to him)

@Adorza :rolleyes:

@Adorza  :rolleyes:

I bought the G933's a few days ago. The battery life is good and the mic sounds great.. those are the only good things I can say about them. I don't consider myself to have a big head and these are super uncomfortable.. they've been giving me headaches and I like to wear my headsets pretty much most of my day and I have a hard time using these over an hour or two. The ear cuffs are not soft, they're almost scratchy. I like the idea of G keys and other buttons on the headset but where they are places I find myself inevitably pressing or scrolling something whenever I pick up or adjust my headset.. it ruins the features for me. The microphone was a selling point for me because it sounds great and is retractable.. but not easily. It sometimes takes a two handed effort just to pull it out or push it back in. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I'm just simply not impressed with the sound AT ALL. I would almost prefer my $8 ear buds.. almost. They also leak WAY too much sound for my personal use since my battle station is right next to my boyfriends but that was probably my fault for not looking more into the sound pollution aspects of it, just mentioning not good for use around other people.

I bought these based on Hardware Canuck's review and maybe got myself too excited for them but that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to return them.. I prefer a quality headset over wireless I guess.. even if it is useful the few times you get up.