Platformer?

watts300

I'm looking for a good platformer.  Something inexpensive... sub $10.  Is there anything on sale that you know is good?

I'm not into rage-games like Super Meat Boy, though.  Those games really do cause me to rage, and I don't want to play them. They're too hard for me.

If there are any that would be best with a 360 controller, that's an added bonus. 

Dust an Elysian Tail

Ori and the Blind Forest

Both are the best platformers you can buy on PC right now in my opinion. Amazing gameplay and story, music. I am yet to finish Ori but Dust is so far my all times favourite (may change after I beat Ori).

EDIT:

also

Rayman Legends

is very good platformer.

Out there somewhere is a great platformer 

:)  I actually have that in my cart right now. But I don't want to make a purchase for only 19 cents.  haha 

Dust an Elysian Tail

Ori and the Blind Forest

Both are the best platformers you can buy on PC right now in my opinion. Amazing gameplay and story, music. I am yet to finish Ori but Dust is so far my all times favourite (may change after I beat Ori).

EDIT:

also

Rayman Legends

is very good platformer.

Good suggestions.  I have Dust on PS4, and Rayman on Wii U.  

But Ori looks quite interesting. The vivid colors reminds me of Trine (which I also have on Wii U).  It's more than I was looking to spend, but I'll check out some Let's Plays to see how it is. 

:)  I actually have that in my cart right now. But I don't want to make a purchase for only 19 cents.  haha 

Good suggestions.  I have Dust on PS4, and Rayman on Wii U.  

But Ori looks quite interesting. The vivid colors reminds me of Trine (which I also have on Wii U).  It's more than I was looking to spend, but I'll check out some Let's Plays to see how it is. 

Ori has some really stuning art style. I like it way more than Trine 1 and 2. Too bad Trine 3 turned out to be dissapointing (I really hate it because they made it 3D platformer and cut out some features that were previously there :( ).

Dust AET has really good story and screenwriting. Also not too hard if you don't aim for 100% completion. Trine 1 & 2 (sadly they were on Steam sale last week, but check GOG.com).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

LIMBO if you like puzzle-platformers. 

EDIT: Psychonauts is another good option.

Trine series. Awesome game and you can local co-op up to 4 people

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

There's isn't that many great actual platformers, but if you count in the side-scrollers, then you have some options.

Here's my top 10. (in alphabetical order)

• Child of Light
  • Deadlight
  • FEZ
  • Limbo
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Rayman (series)
  • Shank (series)
  • Trine (series)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War

I honestly recommend also checking out This War of Mine. It's little different, but well worth it.

I'm not sure what they cost atm, but the steam holiday sale is coming in a month so...

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

There's isn't that many great actual platformers, but if you count in the side-scrollers, then you have some options.

Here's my top 10. (in alphabetical order)

• Child of Light
  • Deadlight
  • FEZ
  • Limbo
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Rayman (series)
  • Shank (series)
  • Trine (series)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
I honestly recommend also checking out This War of Mine. It's little different, but well worth it.

I'm not sure what they cost atm, but the steam holiday sale is coming in a month so...

Limbo -- played/beat on my last computer.

Trine and Rayman -- have those on the Wii U. The touch pad really brings those to life.

This War of Mine -- I'm 99% sure my kid has that on his account. I should "borrow" it.

Fez and Valiant Hearts -- have as a free PS+ games.

The rest of those I'm going to add to my wish list so it can keep tabs on the prices for me. Ninja looks pretty cool.

Some platformers I'd suggest (some have already been mentioned):

- Ori and the Blind Forest

- Shovel Knight

- Cave Story

- Super Meat Boy (I know you said no, but everyone should own this game)

And a few not-quite platformer platformers:

- Bit Trip Runner 2

- Axiom Verge

- Steam World Dig

I'd also strongly suggest diving further into the Wii U's library. Nintendo still make the vast bulk of the top-tier platformers. If you're into platformers and have a Wii U make sure that you dive into Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Maker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and New SMB U. As well as classics like Super Mario Galaxy etc.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I know it has been mentioned before, but Mark of the Ninja is one of my favorite games. I'd urge you to buy it.

Also, a game from one of the game developers in my country (South Africa) is on sale on steam at the moment. You can look at the game's steam page here:

Broforce

This is also a very fun game. Lifting a quote from the steam page about the game:

“Play this game. Play it for America.” 
9/10 – The Escapist 

I know it has been mentioned before, but Mark of the Ninja is one of my favorite games. I'd urge you to buy it.

Also, a game from one of the game developers in my country (South Africa) is on sale on steam at the moment. You can look at the game's steam page here:

Broforce

This is also a very fun game. Lifting a quote from the steam page about the game:

Oh snap. I forgot about Broforce. My son has this. He talked about it a lot when he first started playing it.  I have no idea what his progress is, though.  

Edit // Nevermind. I google'd what I just deleted. 

Mark of the Ninja is amazing if you like stealth games... I liked the ending ;)