Tips on increasing metabolism

LazyToaster

Up until  about 10 I had an awesome metabolism, I could eat enything I wanted, but now I have to exercise like hell to keep a normal weight. Any tips?

Up until  about 10 I had an awesome metabolism, I could eat enything I wanted, but now I have to exercise like hell to keep a normal weight. Any tips?

I don't think it's something that you can just change on a whim...

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Besides a really risky procedure where you get someones gut bacteria who has a better metabolism put in you no 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Besides a really risky procedure where you get someones gut bacteria who has a better metabolism put in you no 

Actually I've heard of exercises that boost it up.

If you exercise and go to the gym, it will increase it.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Actually I've heard of exercises that boost it up.

If you exercise and go to the gym, it will increase it.

he said he already exercises a lot to keep a normal weight

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Aqcuire more muscle mass.

You will need more calories in rest to maintain that muscle mass.

I suggest lifting if not already doing that.

Yeah but maybe he means running. :P

Afterburn effect, thermogenics, increase muscle mass, etc.

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Do you want candy OP? I found this in our kitchen today. :x 

gM5N18K.jpg

excising like hell doesn't mean that he's completely fit.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Yeah but maybe he means running. :P

True I mainly do cardio, but is started with some muscle training, although I do have limitations like the fact that I'm 15 and dont want to do any damage. I did find an exercise that just flat out killed me.

i have this problem

it genetic from my fathers side

basically my body feels like a furnace

i eat soo much but a barely gain weight

once i cut my meals down to half a plate a day

lost around 10kg+ in a month

i wasn't even exercising 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't think it's something that you can just change on a whim...

You can do a lot to increase/decrease it. Everything influences your metabolism.

These are the things that I know of that affect your metabolism:

1. Biology (your genes)
  2. What foods you eat.
  3. How much food you eat.
  4. When you eat, during the day.
  5. How often (the amount of time between each meal) you eat. 
  6. How much exercise you get.
  7. How often you exercise.
  8. How much muscle you have. (more muscle burns more calories, even if you are not working out)
  9. What time of day you are usually awake and how much sunlight you get.

All of those influence your metabolism. Eating often keeps it high. Eating a lot keeps it high. Eating when your body is set to be "most active" (i.e. noon). 

Exercising more keeps it high (obviously). Doing weight/resistance training rather than cardio. Cardio does more calorie burning during the workout. Weight/Resistance training does less during the workout, but more overall as it does work after the workout. It also adds muscle mass which burns more energy keeping your metabolism high.

How much sunlight/general ambient lighting you get influences your body in how awake/active you are. More light = higher metabolism. Just do not blind yourself.

As for food to eat, eat lots of things that do not give you calories (what calories you do get are burned by digesting the food). Such as fruits/vegetables. Nuts (almonds specifically). Etc. Snack on those throughout the day and your metabolism will go up accordingly.

Good luck. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

excising like hell doesn't mean that he's completely fit.

I'm pretty damn fit. I have an "almost" flat stomach and I'm a competitive swimmer. But I am changing my diet to more healthy food so i'll see how it goes.

i have this problem

i wasn't even exercising 

I have the exact opposite problem. I gain weight really fast.

i have this problem

i wasn't even exercising 

You think you eat much perhaps, but there is a big chance you are not. 

Often skinny people say that but they eat less than average.

Not many people really have a fast metabolism.

But, I am not saying I know you or your body, just pointing out that perhaps you are not actually eating as much as you think.

I think there are some foods that increase your metabolism but that's just what i heard from somewhere.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I have a very fast metabolism. I eat a lot, and half of it is sweets. I love candy. I often went on week long binges during high school.

However, I have hovered between 150lbs and 160lbs since I entered high school 5 years ago. I have never touched 160lbs. Crazy.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You can do a lot to increase/decrease it. Everything influences your metabolism.

1. Biology (your genes)
  2. What foods you eat.
  8. How much muscle you have. (more muscle burns more calories, even if you are not working out)

All of those influence your metabolism. Eating often keeps it high. Eating a lot keeps it high. Eating when your body is set to be "most active" (i.e. noon). 

Exercising more keeps it high (obviously). Doing weight/resistance training rather than cardio. Cardio does more calorie burning during the workout. Weight/Resistance training does less during the workout, but more overall as it does work after the workout. It also adds muscle mass which burns more energy keeping your metabolism high.

How much sunlight/general ambient lighting you get influences your body in how awake/active you are. More light = higher metabolism. Just do not blind yourself.

As for food to eat, eat lots of things that do not give you calories (what calories you do get are burned by digesting the food). Such as fruits/vegetables. Nuts (almonds specifically). Etc. Snack on those throughout the day and your metabolism will go up accordingly.

Good luck. 

Thanks for the advice

I have a very fast metabolism. I eat a lot, and half of it is sweets. I love candy. I often went on week long binges during high school.

However, I have hovered between 150lbs and 160lbs since I entered high school 5 years ago. I have never touched 160lbs. Crazy.

I will gladly donate body fat.

You like candy you say?

gM5N18K.jpg

1. Biology (your genes)
  2. What foods you eat.

Good luck. 

+1

But it also makes a HUGE difference how you lift. Muscle is important and it has allowed me to eat 4-6 KCal a day without gaining weight, but when I get access to a gym again, I will be condensing normally 90 minute workouts to 30 minutes or less. The afterburn effect snowballs, at least for me. Will finally lose the lineman physique hopefully!

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Let me make my self clear. I'm not over weight. For now I'm 5 foot 6 inches or 168cm and weigh 56kg. 

i

But, I am not saying I know you or your body, just pointing out that perhaps you are not actually eating as much as you think.

i eat a lot  = maintain the same body weight  (fast bood every day KFC pizza milkshakes u name it i eat it everyday)

my dad and my grandfather have the same body heat issue

and i dont really move a lot normally i just lay on the bed the whole day

it once a day = lose a LOT of weight

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.