Anyone familiar with the Apple bullsh*t?

I know this is a PC place, but I tried to trouble shoot with Apple and we all know how greedy they are. So my iPod froze and slowly faded in screen color while I was watching YouTube. It is now dead (it has full battery when this happened), does not turn on no matter what I try (e.g. holding the On/Off, holding/pressing Home, holding both for more than a few minutes, and plugging it into my laptop for recovery), and overheats around the front/selfie camera general area whenever plugged in (and would still be extremely hot a while after unplugged -- so hot that the protection case smells burnt). Something similar has happened a lot of times before, where the whole screen turns green for a few seconds while I'm watching videos on YouTube. But never has it been so severe. Anyone knows what is happening to it? Is there a way to fix it? Thx.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9

sounds for me like the graphics chip died slowly (but that's what i guessed from a pc stand point, not from apple things)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Seems to me that there is a chip or a cap(where the heat is coming from)  which is broken. The only way to repair it is finding replacement parts and having a heat gun at worst or rework station at best.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Wonderful. I am officially switching to another brand. Thank you!

hmmm anime fan?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

hmmm anime fan?

Yup. That's why having a graphics chip that will work as it should is very important to me:)

Yup. That's why having a graphics chip that will work as it should is very important to me:)

join the club :3

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140001-anime-club-heaven-society/page-1

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I know this is a PC place, but I tried to trouble shoot with Apple and we all know how greedy they are. So my iPod froze and slowly faded in screen color while I was watching YouTube. It is now dead (it has full battery when this happened), does not turn on no matter what I try (e.g. holding the On/Off, holding/pressing Home, holding both for more than a few minutes, and plugging it into my laptop for recovery), and overheats around the front/selfie camera general area whenever plugged in (and would still be extremely hot a while after unplugged -- so hot that the protection case smells burnt). Something similar has happened a lot of times before, where the whole screen turns green for a few seconds while I'm watching videos on YouTube. But never has it been so severe. Anyone knows what is happening to it? Is there a way to fix it? Thx.

Sounds like either a logic board or battery issue. 

With ipods, repairing them is tricky. 

The screens are glued down, and tricky to get back in properly without the proper tools. 

I would suggest you either take it to a third party repair shop, or get the 6th generation (whichever is cheaper, good chance that buying a new one is cheaper).

The 6th gen is actually pretty badass. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Buying an Apple product without the extended warranty

good job m8

Buying an Apple product without the extended warranty

good job m8

No can do m8... Im just another poor J livin off of paychecks

Well it seems like you have to replace the logic board (e.g. the mainboard) of your iPod. But the replacement ones are relatively expensive (about a $100); even on eBay. Also you have to take apart the whole iPod, as the logic board is mounted closest to the back and you can only remove the screen... I´d say: put the music on your phone or get a cheap walkman thingy.

Using toilet paper both-sided: sucess lies in your hands.

Heh.  All products and brands fail, bro. 

C'mon. The answer to that is always no. 

iPhone 4 that's seen way too many drops and a toilet or two survived after 4 years. iPhone 5 that has a loose home button still works just fine. Has to be rough treatment.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

iPhone 4 that's seen way too many drops and a toilet or two survived after 4 years. iPhone 5 that has a loose home button still works just fine. Has to be rough treatment.

Maybe. "Rough treatment" is very subjective. 

But what you described about that iPhone 4 would definitely by considered rough treatment by any standards. 

Either way, products die... sometimes for no apparent reason.  That's just what happens. 

hmmm anime fan?

Looks like Guilty Crown.

It's not a race to the bottom.

This. EVERYTHING fails. That excludes nothing. 

No can do m8... Im just another poor J livin off of paychecks

You can buy apple care up to a year after purchase, and for ipods it's only $60. It extends your supports, and gives you TWO accidental warranty incidents. Well worth $60 if you ask anyone. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Yes, everything fails. But at least the other brands can be taken apart easily (and extra batteries too@@)

Did you happen to treat it rough?

C'mon, its Apple. Apple products explodes if you drop it on a bed of marshmallows.

Yes, everything fails. But at least the other brands can be taken apart easily (and extra batteries too@@)

Anything other than the iPod touch and the iPod are super easy to take apart. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

C'mon, its Apple. Apple products explodes if you drop it on a bed of marshmallows.

Apple products aren't that weak.

http://youtu.be/LWNLfKeyJBE

Drop the iPod pretty hard and you get an unusable iPod which someone doesn't do. BTW my iPhone 5 is still good since I brought it in January 2013, I just replaced my battery and it's good again no bottleneck.

Take it to the Apple store. Maybe the screen is damaged??