Why do Oculus Rift gameplay have ugly chromatic abberation

Photonic

Any gameplay i see on YouTube were a oculus rift used why do they always have that ugly chromatic aberration effect

that's what you get when light bends and refracts, can't fix that if you want realistic light.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

They could be using lower quality lenses.  That tends to be a much less noticeable effect with better glass.  I have no idea though, just guessing :)

Could also just be that the lenses are designed to focus light from like an inch way comfortably into your eye, which obviously would be impossible without some serious bending, and so recording the output designed to pass through that lens and watching it on a flat screen could definitely show some abnormalities.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

that's what you get when light bends and refracts, can't fix that if you want realistic light.

They compensate for it before it's sent to the headset, to counteract what will happen once it gets refracted inside the headset. This makes it look normal to the wearer.

I am talking about the actual recorded gameplay so why would there be chromatic aberration when it was never implemented in the game 

The lenses it has are not the best glass, so yeah, they do that before the light enters the lens.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.