Need help choosing a new monitor dont know what to do

sureshotshadow

i recently had some trouble with gaming rage and may or may not have punched my old monitor so its time for a new one. i play most AAA titles other than sports games i play a bit of cs go, i watch movies and netflix on my pc. i have a gtx 760 currently waiting for pascal cards next year to upgrade than on getting a 980ti equivalent pascal card next year. i would like to get the best picture and color and minimal backlight bleed that i can get but have been told to be looking at 144hz and g-sync monitors i have no idea what i should get or brand. have been looking at acer,asus and benQ the last few days and stuff from the $150 mark to the $700 top acer ips gsync monitor. i dont have a huge budget i would rather wait to get a top monitor have read alot of quality control issues with the top gsync monitors so i would like to wait a year or 2 to get something that is a top teir monitor and hopefully that will be solved so i wouldnt have to deal with it.

so what monitor would you all recommend for me or what monitors would you all recommend in the 144hz range, gsync range or would you recommend something away from those for better image quality?

I've heard pretty good things about the new ROG Swift PG279Q

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I've heard pretty good things about the new ROG Swift PG279Q

is this a future model i cant find it for sale anywhere 

is this a future model i cant find it for sale anywhere 

It's coming out soon; reviews are already out.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

It's coming out soon; reviews are already out.

only prices i saw are in british pounds and converted to $ is over $1000 and thats way to high for me 

only prices i saw are in british pounds and converted to $ is over $1000 and thats way to high for me 

yeah, but exchange rates suck so apparently the actual msrp is $800 USD (From http://www.anandtech.com/show/9710/asus-announces-two-new-rog-gaming-monitors)

yeah, but exchange rates suck so apparently the actual msrp is $800 USD (From http://www.anandtech.com/show/9710/asus-announces-two-new-rog-gaming-monitors)

thats still too high for me right now and i would have to run it at 1920x1080 and no where near 165hz for about a year till i upgrade my gpu next year and that 800 now would affect the gpu money i have next year

I have 770 and also plan to upgrade when Pascal\Arctic Islands are released. I bought Dell U2414H this summer until i buy my next card and then i`ll sell it and buy appropriate monitor. Display technology is moving fast these days. Next year Oled monitors may come out, 4K 90Hz or more, or just better cheaper version of existing ones. My advise is buy something cheap, preferably used.

I have 770 and also plan to upgrade when Pascal\Arctic Islands are released. I bought Dell U2414H this summer until i buy my next card and then i`ll sell it and buy appropriate monitor. Display technology is moving fast these days. Next year Oled monitors may come out, 4K 90Hz or more, or just better cheaper version of existing ones. My advise is buy something cheap, preferably used.

them maybe i should be looking at a tn 144hz monitor from benq acer or asus what do you think 

them maybe i should be looking at a tn 144hz monitor from benq acer or asus what do you think 

They are good for gaming, just don`t spend too much on it. Save for the upgrade.

They are good for gaming, just don`t spend too much on it. Save for the upgrade.

i just dont know what to pick now since i am without a monitor at all i dont want to get a low end monitor but dont want to spend more than i have to if i wait to get into the high end next year when i get a new GPU

i recently had some trouble with gaming rage and may or may not have punched my old monitor so its time for a new one. i play most AAA titles other than sports games i play a bit of cs go, i watch movies and netflix on my pc. i have a gtx 760 currently waiting for pascal cards next year to upgrade than on getting a 980ti equivalent pascal card next year. i would like to get the best picture and color and minimal backlight bleed that i can get but have been told to be looking at 144hz and g-sync monitors i have no idea what i should get or brand. have been looking at acer,asus and benQ the last few days and stuff from the $150 mark to the $700 top acer ips gsync monitor. i dont have a huge budget i would rather wait to get a top monitor have read alot of quality control issues with the top gsync monitors so i would like to wait a year or 2 to get something that is a top teir monitor and hopefully that will be solved so i wouldnt have to deal with it.

so what monitor would you all recommend for me or what monitors would you all recommend in the 144hz range, gsync range or would you recommend something away from those for better image quality?

Honestly, I'd go for a 34'' 1440p if you find one that fits your budget.

Has awesome gaming immersion and if you watch movies and netflix no black bars to be seen =P.

At least for me I prefer picture quality to 144hz or gsync.

Honestly, I'd go for a 34'' 1440p if you find one that fits your budget.

Has awesome gaming immersion and if you watch movies and netflix no black bars to be seen =P.

At least for me I prefer picture quality to 144hz or gsync.

dont have the desk space for that size monitor also when gaming would be too close for that size

dont have the desk space for that size monitor also when gaming would be too close for that size

I don't think is that big is like a 27'' monitor extended a bit

But, everyone as different opinions soo yeah...

34-inch-21x9-vs-27-inch-16x9.png

after thinking about it i will wait to get a g sync monitor so right now im trying to decide between these 2 monitors BenQ XL2411Z which is 24 inch TN 144hz 1920x1080 and has great adjustment or Acer G257HU which is 25 inch IPS 60hz 2560x1440 just tilt adjustment

Nobody has even given a decent suggestion lmao.

You definitely want a 144hz, period, you'll never want to go back to 60hz.

Buy the ASUS VG248QE, it's one hell of a monitor you shouldn't even hesitate. You can also look at the BenQ GL2460HM or BenQ XL2411Z.

These are all great for the price, but I still like the ASUS more. Either way they are affordable and amazing, I hope you get one.

after thinking about it alot and there being a sale on the Acer G257HU that put the price at 199.99 i gave in and bought it. i think next year when i get a new GPU it will be easier the game at 60hz at 2K than try to play any AAA title at 144hz at 1080p after looking at benchmarks for the top cards no i dont see anything that will fully utilize the 144hz yet. so i went with 2K for a sharper picture for everything except gaming till next year. will have to wait and see if i am happy with my purchase or not  

You would probably need to go with a 144Hz monitor if you do not have a budget restrained then go for the G-Sync models!

so i just got the Acer G257HU today from newegg and seems to have rather strong i guess ips glow in the bottom and top left corners middle top and top right corner should i send it back, send it to acer, or is it to be expected ? cuz its bugging me quiet a bit in anything dark