new nvidia drivers broke 1440p overclocking for me

Pandora

so the new nvidia drivers broke my overclock on my monitor for me. wouldnt even let me try again. my 1080p monitors were fine but my main display was all out of wack. i rolled back and it worked fine again 120hz stable but i wanted to know if anyone else had this issue

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

What aspect of the overclocking is not working? I'm still able to make custom resolutions with higher than 60hz

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

What aspect of the overclocking is not working? I'm still able to make custom resolutions with higher than 60hz

i would try to set a custom resolution using different tools. and it would just say "nope cant do" the screen would flicker or anything it would just say "nope your monitor dosent support this" 

it worked fine for my 1080p monitors but my 1440p monitor was having issues.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

i would try to set a custom resolution using different tools. and it would just say "nope cant do" the screen would flicker or anything it would just say "nope your monitor dosent support this" 

it worked fine for my 1080p monitors but my 1440p monitor was having issues.

Have you tried in the nvidia control panel, rather than the tools you are using?

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Have you tried in the nvidia control panel, rather than the tools you are using?

using the nvidia control pannel. this one i found on a random fourm a while ago. and one by evga. all failed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive a 20 day old thread, but I'm curious why I haven't heard more about this since I know a lot of other people run Korean screens with overclocks.

I have the same problem with the new Nvidia drivers and my 760 / Qnix 1440p screen. I noticed that it wasn't overclocked to 80hz and I get the same warning in control panel when I try to OC it. I wonder if they are securing GSync's market share. 

so my fix was to overclock it in a much older driver pre win 10. then upgrade to the newest driver. i cant change or tinker with it after that.