A specific website wont load!

Giannhs
Go to solution Solved by kfarris,

change dns setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or to your gateway which is usually 192.168.1.1 by default and leave the second dns field blank. if that doesn't work it could be a firewall or networking firewall blocking it. 

This particular website http://dulfy.net wont load from my home computer.
I am using google chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m 

Tried to access it in congito mode, still nothing

I am using windows 10 pro 64 bit

I also tested the website from my university computers and it work just fine.

Flushed the DNS, used notepad as admin and the host file still nothing.

Internet connection is fine all the other webpages load just fine and games run smooth

I get this error message 

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
Show saved copy
Hide details

ctrl F5 ?

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

still the same error message....

Then I have no idea what is going on. Maybe someone put a hex on ur PC, weird things

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

change dns setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or to your gateway which is usually 192.168.1.1 by default and leave the second dns field blank. if that doesn't work it could be a firewall or networking firewall blocking it. 

Try some other browser? Reboot your computer? Reset the router?

internet explorer wont work, rebooted the pc 3 times and reseted the router still nothing. Can you open the site?

I click the obtain ip automatic and used those dns settings, it worked thanks!

internet explorer wont work, rebooted the pc 3 times and reseted the router still nothing. Can you open the site?

I was able all along. I see, switching DNS helped. Great. So the issue was with your DNS provider. Probably would have resolved over time. 

For the long run you might want to consider changing it back. Or look into other providers if you're really from Greece.

The 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 IPs are for Google DNS service and they're located in the US. Not much wrong with that other than that connecting from EU might not be very fast if all your DNS requests go through the US. On the other hand, hardware-wise Google might have your ISP bested and it might turn out to be faster than before. DNS speed can be benchmarked too. Which is a smart thing to do if you browse a lot.

The trick with setting the router local IP as DNS IP simply forces the OS to use the router's built-in DNS. Not all routers have the functionality and it often needs to be enabled in settings too. It's hands-down fastest for all sites you've visited and don't use ads and stuff that need DNS requests along the way. But not so much for sites you never visited or pull dynamic ads from whothehellknowswhere like a lot of them do these days.

You might have know all this already. This was mostly for future preference for people battling with the same issue. Like they say in my favorite TV series: "All magic comes with a cost." :D