Solution for in home music streaming

Shpadee
Go to solution Solved by DJSkematic,

Sorry didn't specify. I want to be able to play to wired speakers that I already have.

You can get a Bluetooth kit from amazon for just under $13, or Chromecast Audio is $35 (WiFi option).

What is the most affordable solution to stream music from a PC to speakers? WiFi or Bluetooth? Thanks!

Bluetooth speakers are typically cheaper and don't require additional devices to work.  The major drawback using this method is range.  Your speakers will need to be within 25-30 feet of your Bluetooth enabled PC. WiFi systems, such as, Sonos will work throughout your house (or router coverage area to include outdoors) wirelessly.  The main drawback here is cost.  Sonos components are notoriously expensive. There may be other WiFi systems that are cheaper, but Bluetooth speakers will likely be even cheaper.  Hope this helps.

Bluetooth speakers are typically cheaper and don't require additional devices to work.  The major drawback using this method is range.  Your speakers will need to be within 25-30 feet of your Bluetooth enabled PC. WiFi systems, such as, Sonos will work throughout your house (or router coverage area to include outdoors) wirelessly.  The main drawback here is cost.  Sonos components are notoriously expensive. There may be other WiFi systems that are cheaper, but Bluetooth speakers will likely be even cheaper.  Hope this helps.

Sorry didn't specify. I want to be able to play to wired speakers that I already have.

You can get a Bluetooth kit from amazon for just under $13, or Chromecast Audio is $35 (WiFi option).

Did you create an account just to post this?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Did you create an account just to post this?

No, I created one to check out the forums and saw this thread on the front page and decided to reply.

No, I created one to check out the forums and saw this thread on the front page and decided to reply.

ok

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000