Upgrading to W10 on a new system

I'm putting together my new build, (new CPU, motherboard & SSD), and I'm just wondering what's the cleanest way of going from W7 on my current system to W10 on my new one. Am I right in thinking it's only possible by first installing W7 on the new system and then upgrading to W10? The SSD is an NVME drive so I think I need to install a driver during W7 installation, whereas W10 has native support.

I know this is probably a common question, but I've not seen this question when it's an entirely new system, only a new hard drive or new motherboard.

What do you think?

Thank you.

If you have previously done an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, your key will work with a clean install of Windows 10.

If you haven't then perhaps don't use the NVMe SSD just for the install and upgrade (to make your key Windows 10) then do another clean install of Windows 10 with your SSD.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

install windows 7.. all updates, update to windows 10, activate

from there you can either proceed with drivers and programs (its a pretty clean install at this point) or you can do a clean install of windows 10, once you have activated windows 10 it should auto activate when you resintall it on the same system 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

If you have previously done an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, your key will work with a clean install of Windows 10.

If you haven't then perhaps don't use the NVMe SSD just for the install and upgrade (to make your key Windows 10) then do another clean install of Windows 10 with your SSD.

This is why I'm a little bit confused. Altecice, are you saying to upgrade my current system and transfer W10 over to the new system once it's all activated?

This is why I'm a little bit confused. Altecice, are you saying to upgrade my current system and transfer W10 over to the new system once it's all activated?

You can install Windows 7 and then in-place upgrade to Windows 10 (this means you will turn your Windows 7 key into a Windows 10 key).... After you have done that, format your disks to get rid of Windows 10 and reinstall again but this time just install Windows 10 (no upgrade) as your key will now work straight away.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You can install Windows 7 and then in-place upgrade to Windows 10 (this means you will turn your Windows 7 key into a Windows 10 key).... After you have done that, format your disks to get rid of Windows 10 and reinstall again but this time just install Windows 10 (no upgrade) as your key will now work straight away.

Okay so install W7 on my new system first, then upgrade, then clean install.

Thank you.