HTC ONE or Samsung S4

kurima

Hello, I was wondering which mobile phone to choose, in my country HTC ONE is about 20% cheaper then Samsung S4, and I want best overall experience.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

If you like software features and expandable storage go for the S4.. If you appreciate build quality and want an awesome low light camera go for the ONE..

Personally i have the ONE and im loving it so far.. Since the ONE is 20% cheaper in your country, i would go for the ONE if i were you.

Even watch this comparison if you want details : 

Build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/47209-my-350d/#entry625528

Intel i7-4770k I Corsair H100i I  Asus Z87 Gryphon Geforce GTX 780 I Corsair 16GB Vengeance memory I x2 120GB Samsung 840 in RAID 0 & 2TB Seagate Corsair 350D Silverstone 750w 80+ Gold I

Silverstone Tek PP07 Cable Sleeving I Asus Xonar STX 

Got my SGS4 bout 2 weeks ago, and it's giving me happy feelings. Had the choice between HTC and Samsung [same price here] but the Samsung one felt soo much better.

[if you drop the aluminium you gonna have a dent]

I'd go for the Samsung, it's so awesome O.o

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Got my SGS4 bout 2 weeks ago, and it's giving me happy feelings. Had the choice between HTC and Samsung [same price here] but the Samsung one felt soo much better.

[if you drop the aluminium you gonna have a dent]

I'd go for the Samsung, it's so awesome O.o

he is probably gonna get a case anyway

Well I really often watch youtube on phone, chat with friends and take photos indoors and I will be using a case.. :)

i'd get the S4, just because ill probably be using a case with it, and if i put a case on the HTC One, i just ruined its best feature which is its body so

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

i'd get the S4, just because ill probably be using a case with it, and if i put a case on the HTC One, i just ruined its best feature which is its body so

But still it would be more solid built, I would use skinny case like Linus do...

So basically you'd be buying a worse looking phone so you don't feel like you're covering up something nice? -__-

Get the One.

But still it would be more solid built, I would use skinny case like Linus do...

Yeah but i dont really drop my phone, and even a skinny case hides the beautiful body of the one, so by putting a case on it you just hide its main selling point

So basically you'd be buying a worse looking phone so you don't feel like you're covering up something nice? -__-

Get the One.

Well for me the looks of the phone dont really matter as much as other people, if the s4 is a 7/10 and the one is a 10/10  thats still not enough to justify buying the one over the S4 which generally performs better ( which is what im interested in, no lag in the interface and all that )

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

no lag in the interface and all that

GL with that if you're definitely going with Android.

I'd go WP8 if you want smoothness. I've got a Lumia 920 and apart from the lack of apps it's awesome. Battery life is better than any Android phone I've ever used, too.

I'd go WP8 if you want smoothness. I've got a Lumia 920 and apart from the lack of apps it's awesome. Battery life is better than any Android phone I've ever used, too.

I already have an S3, its pretty smooth overall, i dont really have any complaints with it

I have the S4 and it's so smooth. I love it.

S4 IMO

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

i have the S3, my dad has the S4. My biggest issues with the S3 (and some apply to S4) are

Build/Feel: its a bit too plasticy for my likes and is slippery (your case will address this however)

battery life: seems to run out fast. this maybe because mine is used

home button: i don't really like the physical/hard home button.

I've never held the HTC one in my hand but it seems to fix these issues.

The S4 is still a solid phone! Very fast and responsive and a good screen!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I say HTC One.

Or Moto X? Or wait for the Oppo Find 7. Insane battery life. :D

>Windows Phone
My sides.
Let's see:

>no youtube app
>can't charge the phone while it's turned off
>no notification center
>no VPN support
>no alternate web browsers
>no alternate keyboards
>can't close apps from "multi task" screen
>multi tasking itself is almost non existent
>no text reflow in IE10
>FM radio support removed in WP8
>no custom notification sounds
>can't control ringtone and media volume separately
>no USB storage
>need to completely wipe your phone to change active live ID
>can't change font size in SMS app
>no decent system wide maps app
>fragmented applications only available for Nokia phones
>can't keep WiFi alive while the phone is locked
>no file explorer
>no voice assistant like Siri / Google Now
>no battery percentage
>no google talk / what's app integration into the messaging hub
>no smart dialing
>can't disable auto rotate
>no G+ support in people hub
>still no custom colors for tiles
>no gapless zune playback
>can't set manual IP address / DNS
>no folders in apps list
>no basic features ported to WP 7.8 (like data smart)
>can't manually manage music / files on the device via your computer
>no FLAC support
>can't block numbers
>can't backup / restore SMS/MMS
>low quantity of apps
>existing apps have a worse release cycle and almost always less features and support
>forced to market the platform with celebrities
>random reboots with WP8 devices
>can't separate phone contacts from facebook contacts
>chevron unlocker is dead in the water
>locked bootloader / no possibility for an alternate OS

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I suggest the S4. It is very smooth, since you watch many videos, you will probably run out of battery fast and it will help to have an extra battery handy which makes removable battery useful. AMOLED screen is awesome for colours from watching videos. As for the build quality you cannot compare metal to plastic. Build quality doesnt mean what it is made out of. Build Material is what it is made out of. Therefore Build Quality does not equal Build Material. A product can be high quality and be made out of plastic and a product can be low quality and made by metal. I am just saying this because it seems like these days people seem to have linked Build Quality to Build Material.

The HTC One is also a perfectly fine phone to opt for.

Before choosing make sure you familiarize yourself with the button locations of the two phones and the UI. Also look at the nitty gritty details such as the native apps and widgets what work to your needs.

I have the S4 because the buttons are where i want them and the S planner widget is perfect for my use.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I work with both everyday and i must say i love the feel of the HTC one in the hand (the quality is OUTSTANDING!!!) but i do own a personal Galaxy S4. There isn't much more in the S4 that isn't just a sort of gimmick feature (like the smart scroll with your eyes for instance) that you wouldn't even use except for playing around.

If i had my choice again id say go the HTC One.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

>Windows Phone
My sides.
Let's see:

>no youtube app
>can't charge the phone while it's turned off
>no notification center
>no VPN support
>no alternate web browsers
>no alternate keyboards
>can't close apps from "multi task" screen
>multi tasking itself is almost non existent
>no text reflow in IE10
>FM radio support removed in WP8
>no custom notification sounds
>can't control ringtone and media volume separately
>no USB storage
>need to completely wipe your phone to change active live ID
>can't change font size in SMS app
>no decent system wide maps app
>fragmented applications only available for Nokia phones
>can't keep WiFi alive while the phone is locked
>no file explorer
>no voice assistant like Siri / Google Now
>no battery percentage
>no google talk / what's app integration into the messaging hub
>no smart dialing
>can't disable auto rotate
>no G+ support in people hub
>still no custom colors for tiles
>no gapless zune playback
>can't set manual IP address / DNS
>no folders in apps list
>no basic features ported to WP 7.8 (like data smart)
>can't manually manage music / files on the device via your computer
>no FLAC support
>can't block numbers
>can't backup / restore SMS/MMS
>low quantity of apps
>existing apps have a worse release cycle and almost always less features and support
>forced to market the platform with celebrities
>random reboots with WP8 devices
>can't separate phone contacts from facebook contacts
>chevron unlocker is dead in the water
>locked bootloader / no possibility for an alternate OS

holy....wow you have killed any hope of mine for W8

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

holy....wow you have killed any hope of mine for W8

Yep, my cousin has WP7 and I spent like 20 min figuring out how to enable mass storage.

Yep, my cousin has WP7 and I spent like 20 min figuring out how to enable mass storage.

My brother had a windows phone for awhile and hated it. Switched to the S3 the day his contract expired :p

WP8=Plug in USB cable.

Anyway, @Lyons, when did I say WP8 was a better OS overall? I simply stated that for SMOOTHNESS, WP8 is better.

WP8=Plug in USB cable.

Anyway, @Lyons, when did I say WP8 was a better OS overall? I simply stated that for SMOOTHNESS, WP8 is better.

Just saying, there is absolutely no point in using WP. The Nexus 4 matches it in smoothness and so do the HTC One and S4.

Also, I didn't write all of that out just to respond to you, it's my default response to WP recommendations.