WTF IS THIS S**T?! Motherboard/IO Shield Problem

alanp1995

Just got new computer and please look at the picture below....

You can see that the standoff makes it impossible for the motherboard to line up with the IO Shield because it's too high.... And that also makes me think that no motherboard could ever be installed in this case... because the motherboard will always be too high. Like wtf?

6CUMJHP.jpg

Those bumps are standoffs by themselves.

That's common sense.

/s

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

what case

is it the cooler master n200 in your desc

It's not my PC, my gfs.

The holes are raised, no standoff needed...

common sense

Obviously it isn't common.

a standoff in this scenario is a piece of raised metal anyway. to be honest i don't see why they don't use a strong plastic

Let's them be conducive. Standoff can discharge static from io ports

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of built in standoffs. I doubt it costs less to do that, and if you have a motherboard that does not use that hole, then you are pretty screwed.

It doesn't just cost less to do that; it actually cost NOTHING to do that. Those raised bumps are put there by the press that cuts out the motherboard tray from the sheet steel, all you have to do is design those into the mold when it's being manufactured. The holes would still need to be drilled in tapped anyway to accept standard stand offs if they weren't built in, so again, no added cost.

The savings come from the fact that once they have those built into the tray, they no longer have to include brass stand offs with the case. Doesn't seem like much, but if you can save $1 per case and you sell a million cases, it adds up fast. 

It cost WAY less to do that; it actually cost NOTHING to do that. Those raised bumps are put there by the press that cuts out the motherboard tray from the sheet steel, all you have to do is design those into the mold when it's being manufactured. The holes would still need to be drilled in tapped anyway to accept standard stand offs if they weren't built in, so again, no added cost.

The savings come from the fact that once the have those built into the tray, they no longer have to include brass stand offs with the case. Doesn't seem like much, but if you can save $1 per case and you sell a million cases, it adds up fast. 

Hmm... I imagined that just adding a cheap set of brass standoffs wouldnt cost much. I didnt think about if it punched it and did the indents at the same time...